Which country is the source for AirBnB payouts in Euros?

Jay18
Level 5
Borgarnes, Iceland

Which country is the source for AirBnB payouts in Euros?

Hi - I am setting up a payout method into my bank account to be paid in Euros. My bank is asking for the country of origin for these funds. Does anyone "know" in which country AirBnB payouts made in Euros originate? Please only answer if you know for sure, as guesses don't really count here, as I do not want to be wrong and risk having problems down the road. Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Jay18,

Section 26 of this article https://www.airbnb.ie/terms?eluid=3&euid=dc38b553-7688-a95e-5560-6235467cc338&policy_name=payments_t...

indicates that Airbnb uses 4 payment agencies i.e. Airbnb US, China India and UK. The country of origin isn't determined by the payout currency but by where your payout account is based.

From the information below, if you get paid to an Icelandic bank then the payments will originate from Airbnb UK.

I live in Ireland and get paid in € to a bank based in Ireland. The payments show in my account as having originated from Airbnb UK.

• Airbnb Payments Contracting Entity

Generally speaking, the Airbnb Payments entity with whom you are contracting for the purposes of the Payment Services will be determined for each payment or payout based on the jurisdiction in which the relevant Payment Method or Payout Method was issued. The jurisdictions and the corresponding Airbnb Payments contracting entity are set forth below:

JurisdictionLocal Contracting Entity
    United StatesAirbnb Payments, Inc.
    ChinaAirbnb China
    IndiaAirbnb Payments India Pvt. Ltd.
    All othersAirbnb Payments UK Ltd.

For purposes of these Payments Terms, the People’s Republic of China does not include Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan (“China”). The above contracting entity rules are subject to the following exceptions:

• if you use a Payment Method or Payout Method issued in China and book an Accommodation or create a Listing outside of China, or book an Accommodation in China with a Host who is not a resident of China, you are contracting with Airbnb Payments UK Ltd. related to that activity;

• if you use a Payout Method issued in India and accept a Booking from a Guest with a Payment Method that is not issued in India, you are contracting with Airbnb Payments UK Ltd. for that Booking; and

• if you use a Payment Method or Payout Method issued in any jurisdiction other than the United States or India and are not contracting with Airbnb China, you are contracting with Airbnb Payments UK Ltd.

Additionally, if your Airbnb Payments contracting entity under this Section 26 is Airbnb China, you will nevertheless contract with Airbnb Payments UK Ltd. for Payment Services related to any Bookings confirmed prior to December 7, 2016 at 10:00am UTC.

Hello @Steve143,

Thank you very much for the reply. I tried many search terms to find this information, so the article you provided must not be indexed very well. Thanks again for the link to this very informative page.

Cheers,

Jay

Blas11
Level 2
Buenos Aires, Argentina

1) If I recieve payouts on an USA bank account where do the payouts come from? Airbnb USA in San Francisco?

2) If I recieve them in a paypal account and later on a USA bank account, where do the payouts come from? Paypal USA?

Thanks!