Which fictitious accommodation would you like to stay at?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which fictitious accommodation would you like to stay at?

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 14.38.14.png

Hey everyone,

I recently read that on Winnie the Pooh's 95th birthday, a house honoring the much beloved character was available for reservation over the weekend. 

Likewise, travellers were also able to book a stay at the mansion where Scream was originally shot to mark the film’s 25th anniversary. 

I get scared way too easily to entertain the thought of staying there, but it got me thinking of other accommodations from fictional universes. 

Bilbo’s hobbit hole is definitely one that I would love to have the opportunity to stay at and also I wouldn’t pass up a chance of paying the Weasleys a visit at the burrow.

If you could stay at any fictitious accommodation, which one would you choose? Who would be your Host and why?

Thanks,

Liv

15 Replies 15
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Liv  this will sound very weird, but I would love to stay at the castle from the movie Melancholia. Its a real place in Sweden:

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/i-want-to-go-to-there-212736

I would also love to stay at Green Gables from Anne of Green Gables on Prince Edward Island. 

And when I was a kid I was obsessed with Grandma's cottage in the woods from Little Red Riding Hood. There was an illustration in one of my books of her cottage with all kinds of cute painted furniture and a checkerboard floor that has informed many of my decor decisions lol.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

Brian2036_0-1636040318941.jpeg

The sea cabin of Scuppers the Sailor Dog.

Even at the age of 3, however, I was extremely concerned about the chamber pot under the bunk, which appears to be unsecured.

Talk about “unsafe….”

@Brian2036  AWWW...blast from the past! That was my little sister's favorite book. I read it to her many times. 

@Brian2036   I don't think that meets the 5-step cleaning process requirements. Listing suspended!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Liv 

Stephanie_0-1636043842364.jpeg

Obviously Bag end! 

columbia-bioshock-1280x640.png

Or Columbia from Bioshock Infinite (yes it's from a game!)

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Bag End must be mine, too, @Stephanie . In 2019 we applied to the conservation authority for permission to build a hobbit home here on our swale, but it was denied. 😞

For me it's got to be Yubaba's bathhouse from Spirited Away. You really can't beat the amenities.

Bath_house_%283%29.jpg

BathhouseTopFloorHall.png

But if I had to pick a Shared Room listing, I guess it would be Shortbus

Shortbus-486074729-large.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Anonymous It's the food in Ghibli films that always gets me 😋

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

D52453B9-DFED-46EB-8AC4-F721FD0C0873.jpeg

@Liv @Anonymous @Laura2592 

The host would have to make it very clear in the house rules that:

1. The house is not to be eaten 

2. Unauthorized children might be 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great news @Stephanie @Lawrene0, for a Bag End type of stay, all you need to do is visit #2 from this list which is an actual place in Lake Chelan! 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

Brian2036_0-1636127350842.jpeg

The next time I happen to be passing through Transylvania I’m staying here.

Actually it’s not a fictitious place and it was lasted on Airbnb a few years ago, but there are rumors that it was delisted because a guest reported feeling unsafe.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

Brian2036_0-1636128263247.jpeg

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

Oh yes, definitely bag end!

Groetjes Katja
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Liv  I would love to stay at Tara before the Civil War, The Badger's house in The Wind of the Willows, and the house where Mary found "The Secret Garden."  (While Mary and Dickon worked on the garden, I'd be renovating the house and making it less forbidding.)

All the houses Pa built for his family in the Laura Ingalls Wilder series sounded cozy, even the sod house, because Ma was so good at interiors.  The house that "The Borrowers" lived under would make a wonderful stay.

The house in Fitzgerald's story "The Diamond as Big as the Ritz" is impressive, but getting away from it proved problematic and destroyed it, so that's out.  Nick Carraway's house next to Gatsby's mansion seemed pretty sweet, though.

Finally, I would love to live in the house on Cheyne Walk where Linda Radlett lived in "The Pursuit of Love."

I first met all of these in the pages of books.  And now that I think of it, I've already stayed at all of them!