Which of these amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which of these amenities do you offer?

Hi everyone, 

Making sure your listing’s amenities list is up-to-date is a great way to ensure guests know what to expect when booking a stay in your home. Airbnb has recently added 40+ new amenities you can now highlight on your listing, and what better way is there to look more closely at this improvement than with a round of bingo? 

We’ve put below some of these new amenities, along with a few of the most popular ones. How many of these do you cross off in your listings? If anyone has a full line, or a full house, please do shout BINGO in the comments!

Bingo2021.png

If you think of any other amenities in your listing that you wish were added to the platform (and the bingo card!), let us know 😃 .

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

76 Replies 76
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Quincy I scored 16 out of 20 on your bingo card. No baby gate, fireplace, exercise equipment or hammock (had one but no one ever used it).

one that is causing me some headaches right now is the beachfront amenity. To me, beachfront means you're on the beach. If you're a 5-minute drive from the beach, you're not beachfront. I've been looking for a place to rent in August and maybe 5% of the places listed as beachfront actually fit the bill. It's a great idea for a filter but when hosts are just checking it when it's not true, it's not that useful. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alexandra316, thanks for sharing! I'm sorry to hear about the beachfront  amenity. I think this is something we've passed on to the team a little while ago as more people had posted about it (location in general). 

-----

@Quincy It sounds like it would be super difficult to verify/qualify for Airbnb, and in theory, it's a great filter feature.

In some cases it made sense with the listings I visited (like 50 meters from the beach down a little laneway? To me that's a bit more acceptable). But people who were kms from the water had their places listed as beachfront.

It seems like a risky thing for hosts to do also, because if guests complain, I can see Airbnb refunding everything.

@Alexandra316   I see people doing that all the time with "Lakefront".   "Lakefront" says to me that you can see the lake from the property, without binoculars or a telescope, not that one has to walk a number of blocks over to it.   That would be "Proximity to". 

@Michelle53 I agree. Like if the price point is okay I'm okay with it not being directly on the beach, but come on. I found places listed as being on the beach thay were all the way across town. Just dishonest. 

@Helen 744

Yes Alexandra , I often added a bit of chatter about the walks along the river, at the back of the house. also added it as "nearby body of water '  . People thought their children were going to drown so eventually I realised  and removed all mention of the river which is a couple of streets away and down in the river valley for walking and cycling. Parents now book as I now call the house a "town house" .

Benjamin836
Level 3
San Juan, TX

04E5DB08-F041-4748-8B5D-A8763E1B6338.jpeg

I added an umbrella and in the near future a slide. And Bingo to most amenities!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Benjamin836, that's a good amenity to have (especially in sunny Texas!) 😃

Looking forward to seeing the pool once the slide is there!

-----

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Honestly, I don't believe anyone reads the list of amenities. Except if they need free parking or a pool maybe.

Guests don't even read the very first line of the listing description and house rules.

Hamrock? Hm... The host will list it, the first guest will break it, and then the second guest will demand a refund because of the broken or nonexisting but promised! amenity. Great. Fewer amenities listed - fewer problems.

@Branka-and-Silvia0LOL so I'm the only person that reads everything in the listing and every review???

My pet peeve is when I message the host to specify the parking situation and they know full well you would never get a park in a million years. (Bondi Sydney)

@Michelle2137  you are a host, hosts don't count 🙂

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I have some feedback on an "amenity" that should be revised. I don't dare check "Single Level Home" because I don't want people to assume that means there are no stairs to climb. Two of my listings are single-level but there are three stairs to enter the porch or landing in front. I have the stairs noted under "Health & Safety" but it is hidden behind a "see more" link and we all know guests don't read that far.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 1.27.56 PM.png

@Emilia42 Same! I had it checked, along with some other accessibility options, but then it all came back to bite me in the butt when a guest thought it meant my place was fully wheelchair accessible and had to cancel after check in. I ended up unchecking everything. I think my place has a lot of features for those with reduced mobility (all on one level, large walk-in shower,  wide doorways, etc) but I'm not committing to anything with the check boxes anymore. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the feedback @Emilia42! I will make sure to pass this on to the team. 

-----

same here @Emilia42 .. my apartment is single-level but there are 10 steps from the street to the apartment's door. Does it count or not? It is not clear and who knows what will guests assume. Better not check it