Which of these amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which of these amenities do you offer?

Hi everyone, 

Making sure your listing’s amenities list is up-to-date is a great way to ensure guests know what to expect when booking a stay in your home. Airbnb has recently added 40+ new amenities you can now highlight on your listing, and what better way is there to look more closely at this improvement than with a round of bingo? 

We’ve put below some of these new amenities, along with a few of the most popular ones. How many of these do you cross off in your listings? If anyone has a full line, or a full house, please do shout BINGO in the comments!

Bingo2021.png

If you think of any other amenities in your listing that you wish were added to the platform (and the bingo card!), let us know 😃 .

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

76 Replies 76

@Emilia42   I have that issue too. Although my place is on one level, there are 5 steps down to the entrance. I also added "stairs to climb" under safety but did not select "single level home". 

Sam4395
Level 3
Lafayette, CO

Baby gates and indoor fire place are really keeping me from a full board! I'll get a baby gate tomorrow but the fire place might take some time... thanks for posting this, so fun! 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

haha @Sam4395 

Do you have a Fire Screen?
Maybe that could suffice as Baby Gates..??

It definitely could suffice but I don't have one, no need because I don't have a fire place haha! I'm thinking i'll just provide instructions on how to pull up a fire place video for my guests that really want that experience. 

@Sam4395 

Definitely let guests have the virtual fireplace experience, rather than go to the expense and hassle of installing any kind of fireplace. We had to remove access to our wood burning fireplace. Too many mishaps. Some people struggle with instructions 😬

@Colleen253 good to know, sounds like a lot of issues can stem from that. Virtual it is! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So close @Sam4395! I'm glad to hear that you like the bingo 😃

-----

@Quincy 

Bingo! This is me~ the ones in a triangle we have but don't advertise on our listing description 😀

In terms of exercise equipment at home, we have yoga mats, a foam roller, massage balls, a stepper and a few lighter-weight dumbbells for simple workouts. Also, there is a small but well-equipped fitness center available (just an elevator ride away) for residents only that all *registered* residents can use - and if guests are registered they can use it for free as well. We only offer to register them IF the guest asks about local fitness centers or workouts. 

Bingo2021.png

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You've got a nice list going there @Jessica-and-Henry0👍

Do guests tend to ask you about fitness centers/workout equipment often? 

-----

@Quincy 

We've had maybe 2?? who showed some interest, but no one who ended up working out at home or asking to get registered at the fitness center 🤣 

Our apartment is right next to a small park, and there's another really large park that's a 10 min walk away with a nice running track (that Henry frequents) so there are plenty of outdoor options. Plus Seoul has some great walking/hiking trails so I think many guests ended up not really needing to workout indoors. 😁

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Quincy @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Sam4395 @Emilia42 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Alexandra316 

I have to agree @Quincy with some of the other Hosts that there's now too long a list of Amenities to include that may or may not be of use to Guests, or Hosts.

Most Guests we have in New Zealand still seek Location, parking and caring & friendliness of Hosts as important priorities.

As one of my long ago boyfriends once said, 'It's not how a home looks, or what's inside a home, it's the person inside that counts".

That said, I've one line only in what perhaps could be a Game of Noughts and Crosses, rather than Bingo!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427, thank you for sharing this! 

-----

Frank1381
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

@Quincy  We don't have a hammock, but do have a front porch swing and backyard patio glider.   

We don't have exercise equipment, but our STR is located in a beautiful historical district that most guest's absolutely love walking to view the many,  well maintained Victorian homes.

And, we have no blender and until guests can properly operate a garbage disposal and dishwasher, we won't be adding anything new to challenge them, lol!

Frank J Nicholson

@Frank1381 

How about introducing a compost or worm farm for food scraps, rather than a garbage disposal??

A dishwasher I've been tempted to include as I tend to do the dishes for my Guests, do you?

@Helen427I have enough trouble getting folks to put the right things into the recycling containers. I can't imagine what they would throw in at the worms - although I had a worm composter for quite a while in my own part of the house.