Which of these amenities do you offer?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which of these amenities do you offer?

Hi everyone, 

Making sure your listing’s amenities list is up-to-date is a great way to ensure guests know what to expect when booking a stay in your home. Airbnb has recently added 40+ new amenities you can now highlight on your listing, and what better way is there to look more closely at this improvement than with a round of bingo? 

We’ve put below some of these new amenities, along with a few of the most popular ones. How many of these do you cross off in your listings? If anyone has a full line, or a full house, please do shout BINGO in the comments!

Bingo2021.png

If you think of any other amenities in your listing that you wish were added to the platform (and the bingo card!), let us know 😃 .

Thanks,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

76 Replies 76
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing @Colleen253! I'm so sorry to hear that you had to remove access to the fireplace. 

-----

@Colleen253 we have a low free-standing hammock that it would be pretty hard to hurt yourself in, but you are right about exercise equipment. We have a (non-electric) elliptical machine and our insurer was as interested in that as our hot tubs and lake. They require special liability waiver wording in our house rules for it. Anyone thinking of offering exercise equipment should definitely review the prospect with their insurer.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Quincy  I scored 12 out of 20.  Gave myself credit for patio/balcony by having a garden bench in the front garden.

Have no:  BBQ grill, washing machine, exercise equipment, hammock, baby gates, coffee maker, indoor fireplace or kitchen (although I have a table & chairs for folks to sit and eat, a refrigerator, microwave, and double sinks for washing dishes).    "Kitchen" to me includes a stovetop/oven and cooking utensils.   I have a French Press for coffee. 

I list a 600 sq. ft. (55.7 sq. m) guest suite, with separate entrance, not an entire home. 

I put an unused blender in one of the cupboards - it's maybe been used twice by guests. But looks like it has come in handy for this exercise 😉

My bathroom is fully stocked with shampoos, conditioners, lotion, floss picks, extra toothpaste, cotton balls, Qtips, razors, soaps, sanitizer, and even a variety of feminine products. I do this because as a previous guest while traveling those are the most common that were forgotten when the guest was packing. Also in my kitchen I provide cooking oil, spices, cookbooks, a variety of coffee Keurig flavors, creamer, sugar. 

Hostess of Hunters Dream B and B

@Elizabeth1028 I had all the extras till someone cleared them out completely,  just took everything. I haven't replaced them.

Ugh yes that happens, missing my mini crockpot I used to serve fresh hot gravy with biscuits…. I was so mad! But sadly I did not notice it missing til recently so I have no clue who took it as I only make biscuits and gravy on cold mornings. 

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

I have quite a few games, coils, shuttlecock, dominos, cards and some of those trivia type question games. I don't provide a TV for that purpose, I want them to actually have a retreat. Nearly every guest uses them and I hear many of them laughing a lot so they must be fun.

I have shied away from anything that is dangerous because of liability. I'm on the water and have kayaks, and would love to offer them but it's just too risky. I had a guest that lit a fire under the firepit, actually had to dissemble it to accomplish that. Thankfully it wasn't during the bushfire weather. I've actually had to replace all the light blocking curtains which were expensive because I couldn't get the smell of smoke out of them, they're not washable. Then there's firewood, either you have to chop a lot of wood, or give them an axe lol, nope. Many people haven't had experience using things and just guess at how they work.

I as well have board games and a variety of kids toys, books, and card games.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Quincy I have been looking for a hammock for some time and you have inspired me to get on the search again! Just hard to figure out where to put it. We have plenty of space, but I am always debating between a free standing one, and one tied between trees. With some guests being heavier, I want to make sure I don't have any hammock accidents!

I have my hammock in the back and used wood posts 6ft in the ground As tree also have ticks…. This way no ticks but still a hammock. I purchased mine from Hatteras Hammocks they are pricey but come with a lifetime warranty I have never taken it down for any season or weather and has never frayed or molded 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Laura2592! I love hammocks 😃  One of my family members has one in the garden tied between 2 very sturdy poles.

I was just reading @Elizabeth1028's reply, and might also look into the hammock she has recommended 🙂. Thank you for the tip @Elizabeth1028

-----

You are so welcome glad I could help and FYI I have had mine for 12 years … it won’t upload my pic but you can go see it in my Airbnb acct in the pics. Here is the web address 

https://hatterashammocks.com/products/hammocks/rope

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hammock, blender and baby gates is all I do not have so two bingo lines. What is full house? As in everything? Or is guest head count up the maximum allowed? Just kidding

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We offer all except for Hair Drier, and fireplace is outdoors not indoors.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Quincy  I have all those listed on the card.  It's a family house!

One thing I don't check is "beach essentials."  I have beach towels and beach chairs and even buckets and spades for the children.  But Airbnb's definition of beach essentials includes snorkeling gear and an umbrella.  (Who wants to use a communal snorkel post-COVID?)  Anyway, I leave beach essentials unchecked because of that.  I wish it was possible to check it.