Which part of your listing are you most proud of?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which part of your listing are you most proud of?

97848f4418d8ac6fc058.jpg

Hi everyone, 

In the few months I’ve been a part of the Community I have to say I’ve really enjoyed checking out your listings, and I’ve seen a few extra details shared in your photos too.

But which part of your listing do you think makes it stand out? Maybe you’ve got a little reading nook which is really cosy, or a sofa which is extra stylish. Perhaps you’ve built your own table which helps make your listing unique, or you’ve upcycled a chair and guests comment on it all the time. 

I’m intrigued to know: which part of your listing are you most proud of?

Thanks,

Katie

20 Replies 20
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Katie,

At my apartment in Atlanta, I am most proud that we converted our master bedroom, walk-in closet, and en-suite bathroom into a fully equipped 2 bed, 1 bath apartment with a laundry area.  We always called the master bedroom the closet, and I had asked the previous owner why he built that room so large compared to the regular sizes of the other two bedrooms and the bathroom.  He didn't give a good answer.  The layout was inspired by the apartments that we've seen in Europe, efficient utilization of space.

20180328_130619.jpg

Former master bedroom after just returning from a trip.

Main Living Area.jpeg

Current apartment.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oooh great pics @Debra300, very impressive! So you basically created a new apartment out of one large bedroom, and it now works as a standalone unit? Love the way you've got the curtain rail to separate the bed from the living space too.

p.s. those big windows are great, they let in loads of light 👌

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Katie,

I actually made a mistake in my original post when I said that we used to call our master bedroom the closet.  We actually used to call it "the apartment", because of it's size.  A few months ago I posted pictures of us closing off the doorway between the rest of the house and the apartment, and soundproofing the wall.  So, the apartment is totally self-contained with its own entrance and ventilation system.  We've stayed in it a couple of times while doing renovations on our house, and it's like being on getaway even if it's just next door.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ahh I'll have to look up the pics @Debra300 - you guys are so great with the renovations and projects! 

Do you always try to stay in your listings from time to time, to get a feel for them?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Katie,

Yes, we've also stayed in the St. Lucia apartment for a couple of weeks, and it felt like a little vacation.  When we do this, we pack a small suitcase, a couple of shopping bags of groceries, and rarely go into our main house.

@Nick, we still haven't been allowed to host international guests.  So, I can't tell you what their reaction has been in regards to upgrading the guest suites to studios.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds like a great way to test them out @Debra300 😊

Esther359
Level 4
Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

wow. I've never seen such a huge master bedroom. You did an awesome work converting it into a 2 BR 1 Bath apartment.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Interesting topic! 😄

My listing is a tinyhouse in my garden - and one thing that my guests seem to enjoy and be pleasantly surprised by, is the sunny, calm, private location.  The house is isolated from neighbours and the quiet roads by bushes, trees and my garage, and they have a part big of the garden to themselves. They also seem to think that the house has everything they need, even if it is small .

5EC0D77F-93D0-4731-AA96-77FD073CB082.jpeg

C808CCD7-3FC7-4227-BE56-3072AFC3FC22.jpeg

BD530BAE-B939-43FB-9AC7-F08A21BFE727.jpeg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Trude0, great to hear from you, and thanks for sharing the pics. It looks very serene, I can understand why guests love it! The garden looks lovely too. Is there a specific part of it or detail that you like best? 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Trude0,

I was in Stockholm in September 2019.  It's a great place, as is your space.  I am a baby when it comes to snow, and know that I wouldn't do well in Sweden during winter and early spring.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Rice BarnRice Barn

@Katie The proudest part in my listing is a Rice Barn. We build it to be a guest living room and guest also love to take a photo. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great photo @Nutth0! It looks lovely - very serene and relaxing 😊 

Was it a lot of work to build?

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Katie The Rice barn is a knockdown unit so we move it from another place and rebuild it by a local carpenter.

@Liv thanks for asking here some more photos ( from my guests )

be4dd88bgy1fhxmgdatipj218w0u07ht.jpgDSC_0828.jpg000053.jpg000054.JPG

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah what a fantastic way to repurpose it too @Nutth0 - love the photos 👏  😄