Which part of your listing gets the most compliments?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which part of your listing gets the most compliments?

Liv_0-1643301677971.png

Hey everyone,

I can only imagine how much work goes into perfecting your property in order to improve guests’ experiences. From what I read on the Community, it’s a continuous process that takes great attention to detail and commitment. 

With that in mind, I thought it would be nice for us to celebrate all that hard work you’ve put into your listing by sharing some lovely feedback and recognition you’ve received from guests who have noticed the effort - whether they've praised a fully equipped kitchen or were grateful for a very comfy blanket.

What part of your listing gets the most compliments? Do you have any nice photos, stories or reviews to share?

Thanks,

Liv

66 Replies 66
John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Liv 

Back when guest could check what they liked. Overall they love it, but almost always mention how clean it is. Usually, stylish place, exceptionally clean, and great views in the backyard. I'm getting more complements about being a great host with just some simple notes. 

PS.. Overall I love the reviews. There isn't a single amenity they love. Its all functional and comfortable. For example even though guest sometimes love the shower and mention it, some guest will make suggestions such as a hand held shower head so its kind of impossible to satisfy everyone, and each guest finds something to mention that they love, such as comfy bed, great shower, but no one thing in particular everyone loves. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 8.16.56 AM.png

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@John5097 that also sounds pretty great! It means you're doing several things right 🙂 

Do you have a favourite review to share?

@Liv So many amazing reviews. This was one of my first right when I started from February of 2020. In general I think the reviews reflect what host have put into it, and whatever concerns they have disappear as soon as they walk in the door. Also helps to be good at adjusting, communication and making improvements. Guest are defiantly booking based on the reviews, pictures, and not the host profile. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 10.19.37 AM.png

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@John5097 very nicely done! Thanks for sharing that lovely review - it's been amazing following your journey as a Host 🙂 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liv 

I'm not sure which single part of the listing gets the most compliments, but there are a few things I notice come up again and again:

1. Kitchen counters and small appliances. This is a weird one, but so many guests comment on it. My kitchen has a mint green faux crackle glass counter top. It is actually inexpensive and laminate (basically I ran out of budget and couldn't afford anything fancier at the time) but has held up remarkably well and people seem to love it. They are not in my listing photos but I now have a kettle, toaster and microwave in the same colour and for some reason people are VERY impressed by that!

2. The living room. Although it's probably the least used room in the house, it's the one with the most wow factor (followed by the 2nd floor bedroom).

living room 2.jpg

3. The beds. People are always commenting on how comfortable they are, e.g. that they were so cosy, they didn't want to get out of bed. Again, I haven't invested in expensive mattresses, but the extra thick toppers seem to make all the difference.

4. The listing image that impresses people the most is of the bathroom with the tub. Guests very rarely use the tub (only the occasional American guest but no one else really), yet often say they booked after seeing the photos of it!

ffea3245-7ba2-4dfd-9758-0f3d9a86af32.jpg

It's funny how some of the things the guests are most attracted to are the things they use the least...

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 That's an interesting insight haha - it goes to prove even further the importance of the decor I guess.

I'd probably be one of those guests impressed by that gorgeous tub that I'd most likely not use. Having the option is always nice though 😂 

What kind of topper do you use on your mattresses? The reviews got me curious. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Liv 

I really wanted a bath like that but I also very, very rarely use it! Showers are just much quicker and easier so I understand why guests like the idea of it and then don't get around to using it.

I got my mattress toppers from a company called Groundlevel, but bought them with voucher deals (Wowcher, Living Social etc.) so they were really inexpensive. I went for the thickest ones I could find, i.e. 10 cm. They are machine washable, which is handy, but you need a reallty big machine to wash them, so a trip to a laundrette is probably more feasible.

@Huma0  Because bathtubs tend to be a rarity in Mexico, and I only have showers at my place, one of the first things I treat myself to when I go up to Canada to visit friends and family is a bath. If I ever came to  stay with you, I certainly wouldn't just be visually admiring that bathtub. 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Now that I think of it, in the few months I spent travelling in Mexico, I don't remember ever seeing a bath tub.

I definitely think of taking a bath as a luxury. When I do rarely use the tub, it always turns into quite a ritual (candles, glass of wine etc.) I can't imagine having a 'quick bath'. I can understand why people would want to use it if they are on holiday, but it's really only Americans that do (I can only really think of one or two non-US guests who took a bath). I wonder why that is...

@Huma0  Having a bath isn't just a luxury- it can help a lot to soak in a bath when one is experiencing aches and pains, as it relaxes the muscles. 

The funny thing here is that when I have encountered a bathtub here, it's generally some built-in concrete thing that ends up being unusable. Because  builders here are unclear on the bathtub concept, they don't understand you can't build a bathtub like that. The cold concrete takes too long to heat up so sucks the heat out of the hot water that is going into it. 

I tried having a bath at a friend's place here when I put my back out and thought a good soak would help. The house had that bathtub when he bought it and he had never used it. It was massive- wide enough for 2 people and about 7 ft.long. The hot water tank was drained by the time there was 5 inches of water in the tub. 🙂 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

My mum bought an enormous square tub with jets etc. It cost a fortune but she never uses it. I have no idea how long it would take to fill that tub but it would use an obscene amount of hot water. It's kind of my fault as I booked a hotel in Italy for us once where they had one...

My tub, on the other hand has bath filler taps. Although it's a fairly standard width and length, it is deep, but the taps mean you can run a bath in about two minutes.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 I can relate to that a lot! Bathtubs are a rarity in Brazil as well, so I always liked the idea of having one someday. Now that I live in the UK, I have one that I barely use - showers are just so much more convenient haha

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 Thank you so much for the tip! I'll definitely look it up. Comfy beds are a must!

Kelly1594
Level 2
Birch Bay, WA

Hello Airbnb Family! 

I am so happy to be part of this platform. In regard to the question around what "Which part of your listing gets the most compliments"? I would say that my listing gets great feedback around my design and cleanliness. seaside photo.PNG

To piggyback off my recent posting, as of 3 weeks ago, I just opened my second vacation rental and already booking up fast. I decided to go with a Scandinavian vibe. My first guest loved the decor and the hot tub. image_6487327 (5).JPGimage_6487327 (7).JPG