Which trip would you recommend and why?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which trip would you recommend and why?

357144_GettyImages-645762116_ForYou_ForYou.jpg

As we approach our first lockdown anniversary, the ache to travel forever grows; I believe there is a German word describing this feeling, fernweh, I hope @Ute42, @Till-and-Jutta0 and @Anonymous can confirm. And with a few countries opening up their borders, people begin making travel plans once more. 

Although it might still be inconceivable for some to even think about travelling abroad, there are still local gems you may have set your minds on. Or, maybe you plan on waiting because you want your first trip to be to a foreign place, you've fallen in love before and can't wait to revisit. 

So, when we travel again, which trip would you recommend to your fellow hosts and why? 

I look forward to getting a few ideas and start making plans for future adventures. 

Thanks

Nick 

24 Replies 24
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

I satisfied my Fernweh today by doing a short trip to the Alps. But not for leisure, more for fixing the heating and surveillance camera. To get into the house, first I had to dig an alley through the snow. So much snow this season; today finally the ski lifts were supposed to start – last night at 7 p.m. the government decided to pause them for another 3 weeks.

Lucky those who have sleds:

no ski lifts running.jpg

No I have to return, before my 24 hours slot expires - otherwise I have to go into quarantine.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's beautiful, @Till-and-Jutta0! So funny we posted about 2 extreme opposite types of weather almost at the same time 😆

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for confirming this @Till-and-Jutta0 

Although it can be too much hassle sometimes, I like snow and winter. We had just some snow in London the other week, and it's snowing now in Athens! It's been a while since I've been on a mountain skiing and your photo in giving me my fair share of Fernweh right now.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nick I think about travelling nearly every single day 😭

There are a lot of places I want to visit (looking forward to tips), but my first abroad destination will definitely be Brazil to see my family. They're from Sao Paulo, but I also have family in Rio. 

So one place I'd definitely recommend is a town called Cabo Frio. It's a 2 hour drive from Rio's capital city. I've spent several summers there with some dear relatives of mine who live there and it's amazing!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

cabofrio2.jpgSource: cabofrio.rj.gov.brSource: cabofrio.rj.gov.br

Arraial do Cabo and Búzios are nearby and 100% worth visiting as well, that whole region is breathtaking 😍

Source: buzios.rj.gov.brSource: buzios.rj.gov.br

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

My mind played a trick on me for a moment upon looking at the very first photo, @Liv. There is a very similar beach I've been to, Voidokilia beach, near Kyparissia, in Peloponisos (or Peloponnese to use the name's English variant).

May be worth checking out sometime after Brazil as it will give you a sense of a familiar place, although on the other side of the world 🙂 Here are a few photos to see I'm not losing it from being in the house all day 🙂

Credit GreeklandscapesCredit Greeklandscapes

Credit PinterestCredit Pinterest

Credit Greece.comCredit Greece.com

voidokilia 3.jpg

I hope you'll be able to go and see your family soon; I know it's been a while. Also, it goes without saying that I NEED, not just want, to be transported to Cabo Frio right this minute if I could and see, experience and explore a new place. Beam me up, Scotty!

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I recommend a wonderful trip to anyone to any beautiful and interesting place!

To  Corona Virus, I recommend a trip to hell !

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

lol @J-Renato0 I second that 

Oh @J-Renato0 

Perfectly and eloquently stated : in a nutshell! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

(My luggage is so sad and 
lonely!) 

Sorry, but we aren’t allowed to leave Australia!  Come here for a hug!Sorry, but we aren’t allowed to leave Australia! Come here for a hug!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hahahahaha @Cathie19 

I do miss flying. I want to be in an airport waiting for my baggage (emotional or otherwise) to arrive on the conveyor 

Me too @Nick. I’d be happy to just sit in a busy airport and watch life go by... Covid19 free of course.....

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 That luggage handle is defo making a sad face!!!

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Nick,

I definitely make a plan with family, vacation trip to New Zealand.

Recommended to fellow hosts too, and de-stress the mind as in @Helen427  “Wonderful Post”

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Festival-Using-Nature-to-Nurture-and-de-stress-your-mind...

42269CD4-21AC-4C89-AA80-327929EDC0F8.png

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Dale711 absolutely, I couldn't agree more. 

Yuan100
Level 10
Singapore

Hello @Nick ! 

There is one place I would recommend in Indonesia. You fly into Labuan Bajo, go for a few days overnight cruise. You will see the best nature. Words just can't describe it. For the first time in my life, I see milky ways, shooting stars, moon rising from the sea, the water was just so calm that it was so nice to be sleeping on the deck. 

Hope you enjoy the photos below (no filer, unedited just from my old trusty IPhone 8). I will be travelling to Thailand next week, the only few countries that are open right now. If anyone needs some information which visa to get, you can contact me. Take care! 

Just a short hike, you see this magnificent viewJust a short hike, you see this magnificent viewManta  rayManta rayPulau Padar, tri-colour beachesPulau Padar, tri-colour beachesPink beachPink beachBird watching during sunsetBird watching during sunsetStunning blue seaStunning blue sea