Which trip would you recommend and why?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which trip would you recommend and why?

357144_GettyImages-645762116_ForYou_ForYou.jpg

As we approach our first lockdown anniversary, the ache to travel forever grows; I believe there is a German word describing this feeling, fernweh, I hope @Ute42, @Till-and-Jutta0 and @Anonymous can confirm. And with a few countries opening up their borders, people begin making travel plans once more. 

Although it might still be inconceivable for some to even think about travelling abroad, there are still local gems you may have set your minds on. Or, maybe you plan on waiting because you want your first trip to be to a foreign place, you've fallen in love before and can't wait to revisit. 

So, when we travel again, which trip would you recommend to your fellow hosts and why? 

I look forward to getting a few ideas and start making plans for future adventures. 

Thanks

Nick 

24 Replies 24
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Yuan100 Thank you so much for these truly wonderful photos! I hope you are ok and not stranded in a bad way???? 

@Mary996 you're most welcome!! 

I am doing good! Still in quarantine at the moment, halfway there. I made the decision to go over Thailand with my partner since I am not able to bring him back to my country at the moment nor I could extend my stay in his country anymore. So Thailand is our place to reside for now ! Thank you for your concern 😘

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Yuan100 thank you for this treat. Sorry, it took longer for me to see your reply; I was on annual leave the last couple of days. Just looking at these, I agree words can't describe the nature and the beauty of the place.
I need to be transported there immediately and try many local delicacies as well. Any suggestions on that? Are you still in Stockholm?

@Nick  no worries!!! 

A lot of spices and also spicy food in Indonesia. I can't take spicy food too well,  but they have varieties of sambal (chilli paste) to eat with rice. 

I am no longer in Stockholm, spent a lot of time in Oslo after that. And now I am in Bangkok doing quarantine. I will spend some time here exploring Thailand. Not many places we (me and my partner) could go to since my visa is up in Europe. Thailand is the best choice for now in terms of safety, low cost of living and delicious food! 

Hope you had a good break away from computer, by the beach at least 😄

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I see @Yuan100 , unfortunately no beaches were involved. I live very close to Thames river though and a few parks (some of them with small ponds). Of course none of the above are suitable for swimming - let alone during this time of year in London - but at least there is some water element around. 

Funny you mentioned Thailand as I was recently watching a new TV show on BBC taking place there. So I've got some very recent visuals of the place - the beaches looked stunning! 

@Nick That's very nice to be living nearby to water element thou! 

I can't wait to hit the beach soon, it's too warm here in the city. Hope you're able to visit these amazing beaches one day. Just avoid the monsoon season! 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Yuan100 I can't wait to go to the beach. Any beach at this point will do, but if I could teleport there right now, I would! 

Patricia2156
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

When you can break new seas, I suggest you visit a region of Catalonia that stole my heart: the Empordà.
Lately I have thought a lot about this place because we have not been there for months, due to the confinement of the region.

The Empordà is divided into two areas: Alt Emporda and Baix Emporda is in a region also known as Costa Brava, in the province of Girona.

There we have beach, wine tourism, nature and cultural tourism, throughout the year.
I hope in your vacations you have in mind this Mediterranean paradise.

For a perfect day in the Empordà you can do three basics things:

Forest bathing, first thing in the morningForest bathing, first thing in the morning

Vermouth facing the seaVermouth facing the sea

See the most beautiful sunset on the Catalonia coastSee the most beautiful sunset on the Catalonia coast

empordar-patricia-barbosa.jpg

Patricia de Castro
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

These seem like the perfect three things @Patricia2156 🙂 

Before the COVID started, I was in China on a trip. And I promise you that China is an excellent place for tourism. I think it'll take you a long time just to see all the sights. There is a lot to see in different cities.