While hosting, when do you take your holidays?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

While hosting, when do you take your holidays?

Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 16.13.45.png

Hi everyone,

As we all know, the high season in most cases is during the summer months, regardless of when that is based on your geographical location. 

Before that busy period, I can imagine several of you preparing for the many bookings to come, but I'm curious to learn about how you spend your time after high season.

Personally, I love taking holidays in September and this also worked when hosting as my bookings would start quiet down around that time, giving me a chance to enjoy some beach time. So this got me thinking as to which month is your "September"? 

When do you take a break from hosting? 

Looking forward to reading your replies. 

Thanks,

Nick

34 Replies 34
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I wasn't smart enough to create downtime here, @Nick . We have a woodstove, so it's guests all year 'round.

However, I have proactively blocked a few weeks, hoping that we can travel. We have Montreal in our sights, for instance. 🙂

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hope you can enjoy some well deserved holidays @Lawrene0 

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

What a great question as I just finished getting the suite ready for my new guests.:)

Planning on flying to the UK in March to visit my daughter and new British grandson 'Xavier' who is 12 weeks in this photo, so in the New Year, I will block that calendar. This will be a much-needed break since we opened on July 1st, 2021. I can hardly wait to get on a plane again so I am praying that the UK will be safe to travel.🙏Xavier 12 weeks.jpg

Linda
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh, he is such a cutie @Linda3273  - I hope you get to enjoy him as much as possible come March! 

Hi @Nick 

I certainly hope so and thanks for those kind words.

🙏

Linda