White Island, New Zealand Volcanic Eruption

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

White Island, New Zealand Volcanic Eruption

Thoughts and condolences to those far and close by who have lost loved ones in the tragic and unfortunate White Island, New Zealand Volcanic Eruption this week.

It's unknown if any were/ are ABB users however they are all people who are from our communities.

It's times like this that Open Homes for those who are traveling to a foreign country to visit loved ones in Hospital plays a part.

Whilst I recently attended a Fire Emergency event and asked how it would operate in international situations, events like White Island raise the need for accommodation to those who have loved ones in such a disaster.

White Island, New Zealand

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12292240

Thoughts and prayers to all xox

2 Replies 2
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Helen427 I saw it on the news and thought of you. I am glad all is well with you. Terrible tragedy but also a reminder that a live volcano should be considered extreme tourism, not a casual trip

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Inna22 

It's devastating to know those involved traveled from far & away from their home countries to visit New Zealand.

The cruise-liner industry has always been big over the summer months with all manner of nationalities.

I hope those of you out there who have planned to come to New Zealand will still come as we do live in a safe country despite such rare events.

It's comforting to know that some of the wounded Australians have been flown home to Australia for treatment and to be with loved ones.

They are planning to go back to White Island today to retrieve those remaining on there whom have passed away.