Who is using PROPER INSURANCE instead of their normal homeowners?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Who is using PROPER INSURANCE instead of their normal homeowners?

Someone here recommended them and said their price was just a couple hundred more than what they were paying for regular homeowners insurance...which would drop them & wouldn't cover them once they found out they were doing airbnb. 

I went through their hoops to get a quote and it was $3119 MORE than the $1329 we are currently paying. Granted, our current rate at Allstate gives us about $750 in "discount savings" for loyalty, multiple policies and responsible payment ( we pay in full annually).  

What were your quote numbers if I can ask? Were they in fact close to your previous homeowners policy?

Are there any other places like PROPER that doesn't mind offering homeowners insurance to someone who is doing airbnb?

thank you

4 Replies 4
Erica1023
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

We're insured by USAA which now covers Airbnb homeshares on our homeowners policy with no extra premiums. To join USAA, you or a family member need to have been in the military or US Public Health Service. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Donald28I use foremost as my regular insurance (american family) does not cover STR. The quote was the same with my homeowners quote

Joe2281
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Once i found out that my regular homeowner's policy didn't cover my second home as a rental, I switched to Foremost.  The annual premium is only about $1,200 for my condo.

My quote from Proper was double my regular home insurance, from about $1500 to about $3000.  However, $1500 for the year extra doesn't seem unreasonable