Who is your ideal guest?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Who is your ideal guest?

Jenny_0-1659955637253.jpeg

Hello everyone!

Each of you likely have your own idea of what makes the perfect guest, which might vary depending on your listing type, style of hosting, personal preferences, personality, or schedule for example.

To make things interesting, I’ve left the question quite open to interpretation, as I think it’ll encourage some entertaining answers.

So, tell us, who is your ideal guest?

Maybe you’ve got a picture in your head of the personality of a perfect guest, who is either quiet and clean, or rather outgoing, a great cook or very chatty and keen to connect? Do you maybe simply wish to have Antonio Banderas or Dolly Parton come to stay with you?

Looking forward to seeing who your ideal guest is!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

36 Replies 36
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John5097 wrote:

Surprisingly its almost always another host that don't read the listing or messages and break house rules.

I have also experienced this. Weird...

@Huma0 

One brought a rando back from the bars, and partied till 6 am outside. I didn't plan it but the sprinklers are on a timer for 6 am twice a week, and happened to get them soaking wet! 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John5097 

Instant Karma

@Huma0 Ha! Yes! That moment of realizing karma is on yours side! 

I think its just human nature. I haven't gotten any really bad guest, some just weren't ideal, as its just their personality. Just telling people the truth always works. I think people pick up on that more than most realize. I don't exaggerate anything and clear about why things are the way they are. If they don't cause any damage or disrupt neighbors they can do whatever they want, but if they damage something or disrupt neighbors or want things that aren't included in my listing, I suggest a different listing for them. But overall just really happy that guest really love my listing and have a great time! 

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Other host can be a pain in the backside 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John5097 @Sudsrung0 

The only time I have ever submitted a damage claim was from a breakage caused by another host...

He refused to pay because his attitude was the Airbnb's insurance should cover it.

Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

My favorite guest reads all the instructions given prior to arrival. There is much communication leading up to the stay including a digital guest guide. It is very annoying when they call or message while standing at the door asking how to get in. 

Karen