Who would you love to host?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Who would you love to host?

I have recently had a reservation request (unfortunately not through Airbnb) for a fairly high profile Australian who needs to be in this area for a specific event.

This request got me thinking.......

Given the opportunity, who, on this planet would you most like to host....and why?

I will get the ball rolling by saying, mine would be Scott Neeson!

Scott with his parents emigrated from Scotland to Australia when he was 5. They moved here to South Australia and settled into an Adelaide suburb about 30 minutes away from where I live.

After his poor attempt at schooling he joined the Clifford Theatres movies circuit delivering  movie reals to the various Clifford theatres around town. He rose up the ranks of the movie industry here in Australia to the point where he became the head of Twentieth Century Fox distribution in Australia in 1986. He was lured to Twentieth Century Fox in the US and moved there in 1993 as Vice President of marketing and eventually rose to become the President of Twentieth Century Fox.

In 2003 he was head-hunted to become the president of Sony Entertainment and between switching roles he took a vacation to Phnom Penh in Cambodia.

As part of his travels he happened to end up in the city's tip and was struck by the hundreds of children as young as 4 scavenging for anything they could find to keep their famlilies alive.

He left Cambodia and took up his role with Sony but was continually haunted by thoughts of those kids on that tip in Phnom Penh, so after 3 months he sold up everything he had in LA, moved to Cambodia and set up the Cambodia Childrens Fund which now educates over 2,000 children and cares for 20,000 families.

Who does that........ turns down the most powerful position in global entertainment and donates themselves and their lives to the underpriviledged.

If I had that one opportunity, I would love to sit down with Scott and find out what makes such a great human being!

Cheers......Rob

38 Replies 38
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha! what a great combo @Ann72

I wonder if they would do a duet together? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Wouldn't that be awesome?!?

@Ann I'm with you on Stephen Fry. I was asked this questions when I had my community spotlight, and he was my answer. A really funny guy, who also seems to have a large amount of humility. I saw him last summer in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and his shows were awesome. 

@Alexandra316 How wonderful that you saw him!  I didn't know he did shows and toured with them.  I'll keep an eye out!

I did see him, from the back of a cab, crossing the street in London one day.  That was an exciting moment!

@Ann72Yes, he did three productions at the Shaw Festival last year: they were kind of extended talks on the Greek myths. It was really interesting. I don't think it's a regular thing for him. He's apparently friends with the artistic director at the Shaw, and somehow they talked him into doing it. It was a massive draw and we were really lucky to be able to see it. 

@Alexandra316 That sounds amazing!  Would love to attend something like that.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw yes @Ann72  and @Alexandra316 , I actually saw him in London (in Royal Albert Hall, if you know it), about 8 years ago. I was way up in the gods (seats-wise), but it was great. He definitely has a way with words.

I also enjoyed him on QI (popular tv program in the UK). 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@LizzieYes, I also love QI. Now that he's gone, I think that Sandy is also doing a good job: still enjoying it!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

How about Ann, Lawrene, Robin & Ade, Lizzie, Susie etc. Oh but wait, I WILL be hosting one of them soon!

@Sandra126😄

Yes @Sandra126  I can't wait too experience your lovely house and meet you 😉

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sandra 

Amazing! Did you meet each other here on the CC?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I would like to host you @Robin4 , Sarah, Ben, Ute, Fred, Paul, Olga ... and a few others I have fun with, here on CC. If possible all at once :))))

@Branka-and-Silvia0  (or should I say Branak), Fred and Olga at the same time? Such opposites!  Put Robin the peacemaker in between them at the table.

Pavlova, anyone?

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Sandra126 That's funny!

I would have love to see that 😄

@Sandra126  haha, maybe they would become BF-s, you never know, you should come to see 😄

Sandra, Cormac, Jessica&Henry etc... you know you are on my wishlist too... and Zacharias, he is full of interesting hosting stories from Vegas hehe