Why I dont have guests?

Why I dont have guests?

Hello, Im not new in hosting business but unfortunetly I cant rent my aparment on Airbnb. At first I thoughtI I did something wrong during listing process but then I checked many times and now Im 99% sure that everything is ok. On other online booking web pages I have rented my apartment for 110$ and almost every day I get new reservation request, but on Airbnb cant do it even for 40$ ("Listing appeal" is on full green line). Is it so hard to start on Airbnb or I do something wrong?

8 Replies 8
Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

You have a lot of competition in not only your direct neighborhood, but also your city.  Seems every flat in the city is available!  And so affordable compared to my area!!! Wish the flight weren't so long - I'd be on a plane!

So I think you are going to have to differentiate your flat, and yourself.  WHY should anyone choose your flat as opposed to the many others - even in the same complex - as yours?

I don't think your first photo is doing you any favors.  Experiment with a different lead photo.  I would try the one of the white bed, from the footboard area - but if possible, retake it and make sure the corner of the single bed linens are not visible. 

Also - and I'm asking, I don't know - is the area really unsafe?  All the talk at the beginning about security doesn't comfort me, it makes me wonder if I should be worried.  

I don't know what type of travel brings visitors to Tblisi - but maybe target your intro them.  Personally, when I travel it's all about food.  And I enjoy viewing architecture different to what is common in my area.  If your visitors are from other countries, make your flat about Georgia, and if possible, Tblisi.  I like to feel like I'm in a foreign land, when I travel abroad.  

Just my loosely structured thoughts - they may or may not be good ideas.  

Thank you for reply!

About photos you are right, it was taken by proffesional photographer from Airbnb but its not as good as I expected, anyway problem is that with same pictures I get huge amount of booking request on other online reservation web pages, but not here.

About safety, I wrote this counting on my own experience as almost 40% of guests ask if its safety or cameras around. I really dont know why they ask it, maybe they are not aware that Georgia and especially Tbilisi (capital of Georgia) is one of the safety place in the world with 6th rank.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

About competitors, I dont think its a real problem. Population of Georgia is 3.4 million and in 2016 we already had 6 million visitors with 30% gowth every year. At this moment I have rent my apartment for 120$ but Airbnb offers me for 20$ 😐

Its very good idea to make flat about Georgia, I'll do my best when I get time.

And again thank you very much for reply

Sometimes hard to get started with Airbnb; you need good reviews but how does one get them till someone stays? The old chicken and the egg circular argument.

A bit of salesmanship won't hurt: first talk about how exciting is to be coming to X city (quickly); then how your place is so well situated inside of it to take full advantage of such an exciting city (quickly); then particulars to Y (includes security, etc.,bullet form with each subject kept short).

Selling is ushering people along to run parallel with you toward 'buying' what you have to offer; done with much enthusiasm!

Good luck.

Thank you for reply Fred!
I'll definitely do what you have offered, but problem is that with price 25$ I get 0-2 views per day and if nobody opens my apartment page, nobody will read how good it is... 😞 

Try a new lead photo.  I don't know what the competition looks like on the other listing sites, but when I searched for your listing on Airbnb - your current lead photo didn't jump out at me from the other listings available.  Even just rearrange for now, if you don't have time to retake the photos.  

Done, I hope it will help

Anja959
Level 1
Split, Croatia

Hello...I have hostel, and had reservations until 13th of August. From that day I dont have any and on others like booking and Hostelworld i have every day normally.

I dont understand why. Can someone help me?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Replace your first image with your second of the balcony-- much more inviting. 

Do you link to your Airbnb page on Facebook, Instagram or other social media?