Why are NEW listings appearing first?

Lisa367
Level 10
Catania, Italy

Why are NEW listings appearing first?

We've been hosting for 2 years, with all positive reviews, but lately I've noticed our booking rate is down.  I did a search today for an apartment with the same amenities and price as ours and I noticed the entire first page was "New" listings.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Are you also experiencing a decrease in bookings?  (Note:  I didn't have the search enabled for "NEW" listings.  It was a standard search.)

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Lisa367 Airbnb allow new listings to appear on the first page or even sometimes at the top of all listings so that to give the chance to the new comers to get a booking quickly so that to make sure the new host gets hook to the system. It is just a business strategy to get more listings which is = to more revenue to the company. If you want to keep a good rank update your listing everyday at midnight. Good luck!!!

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0what do you mean by "update"?  just change something in my listing every day?

@Lisa367 Yes thats right, to update your listing you can simply exchange a setting then put it back to its initial setting for example the checkin time. You also need to update your calender by simply viewing it everyday. Try to do all those actions at midnight and trust me you will not regret it. Good luck!!!

Dody0
Level 2
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

I am very grateful to be that have asked and answer about the booking from our rate is down .. namely lisa and in of responsibility by oomesh kumarsingh .. thank you....

Mela1
Level 2
United Arab Emirates

I got so sad this morning because from 5 stars display , my stars became 3.  😞  

The thing is, it is shown on search page... but if you click my listing it is clearly showing 5 stars.. maybe really system (strategy) glitches. 😞

Good, I got to see Omeesh comments.. I will really do his advice tonight to check and ensure that I will get those full 5 stars again.