Why does Airbnb have property ID numbers thatyou cant message to prospective guests?

Shen0
Level 1
Denver, CO

Why does Airbnb have property ID numbers thatyou cant message to prospective guests?

Why does Airbnb have property ID numbers that their software wont let you message to prospective guests?  I have had multiple people want to know if I have additional units in the area, which I do, but I don't know how to direct them to the listing.   It has been driving me insane- when I try to message about a property, the only way I know how to identify it is by it's number, but the website's software obnoxiously blocks the 7-digit number on the message, mistaking it for a phone number.  Even when I try to message a link to a listing, the stupid software replaces the part of the link with the number with "(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)" leaving the rest of the link useless!

5 Replies 5
Shirley1
Level 5
Somerset, WI

I share your pain. I have the same problem researching properties to spend a month in Europe. How do I identify the properties I'm really interested in on my wish list? I write down the hosts name. 

Sigh. wish AirBnB admin would spend as much time maturing their listing functionality as they do marketing guests. There would be a lot of happy hosts 🙂

Edited to add: Could you create a wish list for your properties? If so, have the wish list public on your profile or send via email. Have no idea if this would work .. sounds like a good workaround, doesn't it? 

Hi @Shirley1,

Are you providing just the ID number?  If so, try provinding the entire link with airbnb.com inlcuded like @Deb0 did above.  As long as you have Airbnb's webpages linked, it should not hide the listing ID number.

Hope this helps.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I've tried that, but it blocks just the part of the link that has the number.  I noticed that Deb's property number has only 6 digits, which may be the difference, as mine has 7 digits like a phone number.

Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

I think they actually do. For example, my listing page is www.airbnb.com/rooms/143454. I assumed 143454 is my listing id... 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Are all your units listed on Airbnb?  If so, they should all show up when someone looks at one of them.  Your profile and all your listings will be displayed.  Many hosts have multiple listings.  Contact Airbnb to see how you can consolidate all your listings under your profile