Why does Airbnb`s Help Function suck so bad?

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Why does Airbnb`s Help Function suck so bad?

A few times now I have used the help function and found that the information is out of date, and therefore incorrect.  This is a multi-billion dollar company to my knowledge.  Can`t Airbnb afford someone to correct pages that are now out of date and therefore just wrong?

Feeling frustrated in Japan.

Kevin

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Kevin-s0 I share your frustration.  I wish Airbnb would use key words in the search function rather than having to ask a question like "what should I know.....".   Also, I would like to see a table of contents so I can go directly to the subject I'm interested in.  Right now, there's no organization for help topics.  Maybe some day.........

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Thank you Clare!  So it isn`t just me!

Hopefully it will get better and better as time goes on.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kevin-s0,

Great to meet you. I am sorry to hear this, it is good to hear your feedback. Is there a particular article or area you are refering to in the Help Center? You might be the first to spot this and I can highlight it to the team. 🙂 

Have you managed to find the information you are looking for yet? We have some great Community Help Guides created by hosts here in the Community Center, perhaps they are a good starting point and also if you use the search bar at the top of the page there are a range of discussions to explore.  

I hope this is helpful, speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

Hi Lizzie, and others who replied,

First:  Thank you!  I appreciate it!

2nd:  I`m new to this and at times have felt frustrated and alone.  So sorry for my rude post.  It came from frustration.

Part of that is wanting to do well with Airbnb but either not understanding myself or perhaps some of the help instructions are wrong? Need to be updated.  But I could be wrong about that.

I was referring to the pre-approval explanation in the Help section.  It said you could decline it if the guest didn`t make a reservation.

But a Russian lady (in a separate post here) and I, could not find the button for cancelling (declining) a pre-given pre approval.

Another poster in a separate post said that maybe that is no offered after 24 hours, hence pre-approval becomes approval until the

guest books.  Are you following so far? 

I appreciate you reaching out to me!  This forum is great.

My provocative title was meant to get attention.  I guess it did, LOL!

A bit more about me:   I am in Japan, and myself and a lot of others have a good thing going, but Japan may put the kibosh to that,

with a new anti-Airbnb and other similar short term rental law.     I really hope that Japan doesn`t do this.

Fingers crossed.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

They dont invest in a a Help Function because their idea of community is that other hosts do the work they should do. That would be ok if hosts who have issues with the creaky IT platform could get assistance, but you can't. Other competitors are coming who will do this better and either overtake AirVBnB or force them to invest in their booking system.

Gerry and Rashid,

I hope that is wrong, but I am wondering about that too.  Thanks!