Why has my listing dropped so low? And why am I not showing up on the maps?

Celia6
Level 1
Sarratt, United Kingdom

Why has my listing dropped so low? And why am I not showing up on the maps?

Having had a fantastic year last year on Airbnb (it accounted for the majority of my bookings), and having had great reviews - this year I am getting no enquiries, my listing is almost at the end of the list when you search in our area and my property isn't even showing on the map! 

Please can someone help? I have no idea what has happened, or what to do about it.

Many thanks,

Celia

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Celia6 Are you doing a general search with no filters of all the listings in your area?  That's not the way to do it.  Search like a guest would using filters such as price, number of guests, amenitites, etc.  Then see where your listing stands.   To learn more about search placement read this article: 

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

Also, be aware of the fact that Airbnb puts new listings at the front of the search results so that they can get a few bookings under their belt.  Once a listing has been around for a while it drops down in a general search.   I've seen Super Hosts way in the back of the line. 

Hi.  This has happened to us as well.  Last year we had an amazing year and compared to the same time last year, the bookings are almost non existent.  Did Airbnb change their platform?  I cannot figure out why we are not receiving any inquires.

Diana70
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

hi I am having the same issue. Although I stopped taking bookings last year, I have restarted but it has been slow and only for July and August when previously I got bookings until mid-autumn. And I don't understand why it doesn't appear on the map, even when I specify the exact price. I accept the rationale to give new bookings a good start but as a super host in an unusual and attractive part of Edinburgh, there is plenty space on the map for mine to be shown.

Diana

Shilpa2
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi!

The same thing is happening to me.

My place doesn't show up on the map either.

I went from back to back bookings and great reviews to complete silence, not even any inquiries!

Shahrzad2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Same thing happening to us. I search our neighbourhood but it keeps showing rooms further away and pricier but shows our listing at the bottom of the list.

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

So much has changed in the past year. I'm very curious if there has been more competitive listings popping up in your area. I know that Airbnb has been marketing hard to get more hosts, especially as we continue opening up out of this pandemic. And then there's the factor that any new listings are given preference over existing listings. Airbnb does this to entice a good experience for new hosts and I know they do it to get more hosts in the door.

One thing that I do is to keep my prices updated. I'll update them every few days. And then I'll check the search as well and will use the pricing filter to narrow down what listings make it to the top in my area.