Why is this website SO SLOW?!

Answered!
Isabelle-Gerry0
Level 8
New York, NY

Why is this website SO SLOW?!

Airbnb's website/platform is one of the worst I've experienced. 

It feels like every time I click on something I have to walk away for coffee and by the time I come back, I forget what I was doing! It's SO slow. The calendar is a mess. The pricing is a mess. I have to click through a bunch of things to get to something so basic. And sometimes... I'll update prices and availability... and hit save and..... IT WON'T SAVE.

😐 You'd think a billion (??) dollar business would be able to have a website that works. And the burden of the torture is on the hosts which is probably why they don't care to fix it all these years.

1 Best Answer
David2129
Level 5
San Diego, CA

I also experience very slow responses to any actions I take on the site. I've never seen a modern website with such a sluggish response. It feels like dial-up days.

View Best Answer in original post

146 Replies 146
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I'll echo everyone here and say the web site is super slow, and seems to have gotten slower in the last few months.

Randall49
Level 1
Brunswick, GA

I want to add to the pile of complaints here. The iOS app and the desktop app are painfully slow to process every action. It always takes a solid 10 seconds for EVERY mouse click to register. Even to "like" one of these comments. Very very sluggish. As others have stated, this is not a hardware or internet connectivity issue. Every other site/app runs swiftly on my devices.

Jukka1
Level 2
Turku, Finland

I act as a host very actively since 2017.

It is amazing that a billion dollar company which operates basically purely on web platform, can have such terribly awkward websites. Everything takes time, whatever you click on. This applies to both on desktop and mobile and on every single device I use. Not just the slowness, but the websites make almost no sense from a users point of view. 

Get your servers and usability straight guys, this is embarrassing and terrible to use. If there is competition on the market which is even slightly more user friendly, I will jump on board on that train.

*sigh* 

Tuenchai0
Level 10
Pattaya, Thailand

Oh I am so glad I found this thread. There I was looking for answers at my end. I knew it wasn't my Internet connection, that's Fibre Optic and almost every other website I use loads almost instantly. I have 23 listings and just updating each calendar can  take a few minutes per each listing, so that's 45 minutes plus! Some days I need to communicate with a lot of guests using the messaging service, it's got so bad that I am typing and having to slow down in order to see the letters to appear on the screen. I am not a fast typist. Surely something can be done to alleviate this, because I am sure that potential guests will be experiencing some of the slowness and if they get bored or frustrated, then there are plenty more booking platforms for them to chose from! 

@Tuenchai0  Something surely can be done, as no other major website is this slow, but there is obviously no will to do so. 

@Sarah977 

Of course there's no will to fix the site..  how else would Airbnb continue blaming all those pesky financial irregularities that routinely leave thousands of users shortchanged and out of pocket, on "glitches"? 

Vincent553
Level 1
Netherlands

same problem here. 

anyone using booking.com as well? is this also slow or better? 

Judy16
Level 2
Pembroke Pines, FL

I totally agree ... it's incredibly slow. So frustrating to use!  I have all the computer equipment and internet access necessary to have "fast" service, but this website is really in need of help!

Judy16
Level 2
Pembroke Pines, FL

If Amazon can do it. Airbnb can do it.

Hi Judy16, If Amazon...... that is sooo true. I buy from Amazon  all the time here in  Hakuba Japan and they even have a page in English, and it is fast.

What's with Air Bnb?

Mark1743
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Guys, please do something about it. The speed of your website is soooo annoying! I have new a new MacBook and I 've never experienced such a slow website. I feel like I am back in the 90s when the internet was starting!

Thank you!

Marek

Brian1025
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

This feels like a therapy support group because we are all feeling the same pain. AirBnB ... WOW, your site is so slow it is almost unusable on the hosting side.

Everything takes forever to load; the user experience is honestly PAINFUL. Please work on it. MAKE PERFORMANCE A TOP PRIORITY.

No new features should be added until performance is thoroughly addressed from top to bottom.

Hi, Brian 1025 Haha! Yes, it is good therapy to know you're not alone. I don"t think anyone who works for Air Bnb ever reads this stuff, I read it 'cause it's good therapy!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Alex-And-Rhea0 ,

I'm just going to tag @Brian1025 so he can see your reply. For future reference, to make sure someone sees your comment you need to write the @ sign followed by the name of the user.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks!

DUHHHHHHHH :)))