Why you shouldn’t host guests

Scott330
Level 2
Campbell, CA

Why you shouldn’t host guests

The Airbnb million dollar insurance policy is a scam. If locals trash you house but don’t completely ruin any one item, here’s how that convo with Airbnb sounds....

We are not sorry, our corporate policy is red tape. We do have a million dollar policy (perhaps you should consider burning down your own house so we can help). Otherwise, go **bleep** yourself. We have made what we can off of your house. Now that some locals trashed it, it’s no longer an earning asset. We do have a million dollar policy if you want to try hosting again. “Good luck and let’s all hope that the house is burned to the ground if there is any damage”.

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

But even if it's burnt down, @Scott330, you'll not get the money for the new one. Airbnb will ask you for the invoices issued for the old (burnt) house and then will try to depreciate it... And pay the scrap value.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Scott330
Level 2
Campbell, CA

Glad I forgot the gas can. Opressed by big whitey once again. Airbnb are no better than the corporate phonies the are disrupting. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

If you look on ABB as a booking service and avoid the gloss then it can work for you, ignore all the Host Guarantee, Community etc stuff.

Sadly we see too often on here people who believe the advertising which goes well beyond the reality.

David
Scott330
Level 2
Campbell, CA

Comcast called, the want their customer service back.

Amecus-J-0
Level 3
Albuquerque, NM

Yes, the insurance policy is worth nothing

I had a guest break a toilet and Airbnb didn't cover the t because I wasn't in the bathroom with guest.  $300+ as it was a low water use toilet.  There is no usable insurance policy.

Scott330
Level 2
Campbell, CA

This is the moron that turned my house into his own personal sh*t hole. Only on Airbnb is my only recourse to give him a great review so he and his reckless family screw up someone else’s house. 

WTG Airbnb. Time to let this moron loose on your well intentioned hosts. 

[Image hidden for privacy reasons, in line with the Community Guidelines]