Wifi/internet/broadband

Joanna96
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Wifi/internet/broadband

Hi

air bnb have just refunded virtually the entire nightly rate of $320 per night to a guest as three days into an 8 day stay the internet mysteriously went down through no fault of ours necessitating an engineer call out. We won't know if the guest caused the damage until the provider's engineer visits.

Should a guest stay for free if the internet goes down ??????

Look forward to everyone's view

8 Replies 8
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Joanna96 

unbelievable... no comment 😞

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Odd, according to your listing you are not an Internet Cafe.

What happens and what should happen seem sometimes to be very different. I have seen similar posting and am therefore not surprised.

Would be interesting to know what guidance AirBnB employees are given.

May be wise to remove Internet from listings, something that I have thought about.

David

my first review was from someone who demanded wifi even though it was not included as an amenity and it can get clogged if you have a gamer as a guest - you can't really win. 

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Joanna96

I have read ur open letter this is such a terrible case Manager how she could refund such a high amount just for internet. Your house itself it is so beautiful and being in London the guests could just pop in any phone shop to buy a dongle or pre paid WIFI for the duration of his stay.

This example show again a bad example of ABB case study procedure

But this is scary 

Erick29
Level 1
Warrington, United Kingdom

Seems totally wrong to me!

Problem is you can't rent if there is no internet. Everybody expects it now.

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

This was almost 2 mos ago.  Any official answer from AirBnB?

something fishy is going on with our wifi and I am worried that an unkind neighbor may have our password and is throttling us or whatever. The provider says there have been no dropouts or signal interference so we have asked the longer term guests if they want to do ethernet but wireshark will tell you if there is an issue. There is no way that a room that is more inaccessible to the signal can have usage while the guest next door claims that he has had no signal since he arrived many days ago.

So wireshark will prove at least that other occupants including my brother have visited sites just fine during the same time otherwise airbnb may refund the guest, right?

Teresa545
Level 1
Cornville, ME

No the guest should not stay for free if the internet goes down!