Wildly inaccurate financial numbers

Erin62
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

Wildly inaccurate financial numbers

Is anyone else seeing totally insane financial numbers on the “progress” section of the site, and/or in the “Proof Of Income” document generated by Airbnb?  

We make a few thousand dollars every month consistently.  Airbnb’s “progress” page and Proof of Income document show us making $0 for 4 months in a row, then $11,000 the next month. (Ha!)

I have repeatedly contacted the email help as well as the phone help line, and they have shown no interest in correcting these gross errors.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Erin62   Call AirBnB it;s some kind of glitch/bug affect your listing. 

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

For Superhosts (they will verify you):

North America: +1-647-945-9627 +1.888.326.5753

Right, calling Airbnb was the first thing I did.  I’ve made more than one call now and both times the person I spoke to said they would refer my “case” to someone who would call me back to explain the problem and then, no reply.  They are totally unconcerned. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Erin62 A lot of us have good success with @Airbnbhelp on Twitter. They have resolved many issues for me very quickly. I don't even bother calling my special 'super host' number anymore; the service on the other end of that super special number lately has been mostly abysmal. 

I’m not on Twitter and never will be, and I must say, hearing that the only way for the terrible business practices of one Silicon Valley behemoth to be addressed is by venting them on another one, rather than internally, is pretty sad.  I do agree with you on the “abysmal” characterization of the superhost line. 

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Erin62: Like @Rebecca181 said the @Airbnbhelp on Twitter is the fastest and most helpful in my opinion. The few issues I've had they have resolved them very quickly.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Erin62 Twitter Airbnb support is also internal support. For some reason Corporate has not reorganized them to the point of impotence. That's the place to go if you need help. I made a twitter account I don't use except to get support from @Airbnbhelp. It's worth the extra bit of trouble I went to, because they are consistently competent there, and if they can't handle it, they seem to have the ability to fast-track issues to someone with brains in Customer Support.

Erin62
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

I went ahead and joined Twitter, since after two weeks it was clear I wasn’t going to receive a reply from either the phone help line or the in-app message help center.  They certainly replied promptly, but gave me the same line about my case needing to be forwarded to some mysterious third party.  When I asked if I could just contact this party directly, they said this: 

Because this team works with sensitive information, they must keep every conversation documented and are unable to make phone calls.”

These guys aren’t working in the friggin’ Pentagon, give me a break.  I have worked in accounting, and I can assure you there is literally no corporation that forbids its accounting staff from making phone calls.   I would be truly amused if I wasn’t so deeply concerned.