Will Airbnb start accepting Bitcoin? Would you accept payouts in Bitcoin?

Tc4
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Will Airbnb start accepting Bitcoin? Would you accept payouts in Bitcoin?

I just read this article about all the retailers that accept Bitcoin, and it seems like other companies are starting to accept Bitcoin, such as bedandbreakfast.com and Uber:

http://whatisbitcoinusedfor.com/which-online-retailers-accept-bitcoin-in-2017/

Do any hosts here know if Airbnb will start accepting Bitcoin? If so, would you prefer getting paid in Bitcoin? Personally, I don't mind being paid in Bitcoin because the Paypal currency conversion fee for me is 2.5% and I know Bitcoin is a bit risky, but it seems like the transaction fees are much lower.

6 Replies 6
Isabel203
Level 10
Halifax, Canada

@Tc4, I would not be interested in Bitcoin payments - I prefer to stick with the devil I know, at least for now.

Alicia-and-John1
Level 1
Panama City Beach, FL

I would very much like to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. It makes sense to allow the switch between USD and cryptocurrency. 

Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I would not accept Bitcoin, but if there was a way for customers to pay with Bitcoin and for me to still get USD, I would be okay with that. 

Yes, I would accept bitcoin payment 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Plenty of people who have used and accepted Bitcoin have landed in the clanger for whatever reason, including through the Dark Web for evading Taxes which impacts on us all, including our Healthcare systems.

Bring back and use Cash, it has our countries identification on and provides us with our unique identities.

We lose each countries identity with their own unique cash, like they did in Europe around 20 years ago when it changed to one currency, that of the Euro, and one creates all manner of problems, disruption and dysfunction in the previously harmonious world we had.

Join the dots why we are currently experiencing what we all are.

Sometimes we must go backwards to see who and what was triggered that has had "consequences" on world peace and harmony.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Tc4I would probably not accept Bitcoin. My problem with cryptocurrencies is that they need to be purchased initially in cash, and converted back to cash at this point in our history. So until the economy drastically changes and these currencies have actual intrinsic value, I prefer to cut out the middleman and just take cash.