Wondering if something is wrong with our listing? Drop in bookings (Summer NYC 2018)

Aathavan0
Level 2
New York, NY

Wondering if something is wrong with our listing? Drop in bookings (Summer NYC 2018)

Hi all,

Apologies firstly as I'm sure there are so many posts regarding this, we started November last year and have had great success and lots of bookings all through until June. We've been optimizing the prices using smart pricing but have not had any bookings beyond the first week of June. 

Can anyone immediately see anything wrong? e.g. photos or description? 

Thank you in advance!

Ravi & Pilar 

2 Replies 2
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Aathavan0 Your place looks fantastic; you are getting a lot of views and your reviews are excellent. If it were me, I'd be wondering about the following: Airbnb guests typically book at the most 4 weeks ahead of time. You may find your summer starts to fill up due to bookings you will start to get in May or June. Next: Are there more listings than when you first started last year? Do you have more competition? You could try playing around with your listing, but it looks strong to me, and you say your prices are competitive, so I wouldn't try to fix something that is not broken.

My Airbnb is a beach vacation rental on my personal property where I live. In January, the activity was unbelievable: Sometimes four bookings in a day! But by March it slowed way down; now I get one about once a week. This is largely due to the fact that I only have 25 days open in the next 4 or 5 months or so. I imagine these will get booked as we get closer to those open dates. 

If it were me, I would also ask an out-of-area friend to do a search on my area and tell me where my listing comes up in the searches - That's not a fool-proof way, as it will present differently to people based on past searches, but at least you'd get an idea of where you are in the rankings. The only other thing you could try is to change your Cancellation Policy to 'Moderate' versus 'Strict'. Hope this helps!

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Aathavan0 Just be a little patient,i am sure you will soon get more bookings.Remember that even if you have the best listing with the best reviews if the session is low you will notice a decline in bookings.Concerning smart pricing i would advice you to set your own pricing and earn more in less time.Good luck and happy hosting!!!