Work Collection - Why

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

Work Collection - Why

So aiBnB wants us to join the work collection.

We must allow 

Third party bookings

Self Check in

Flexible cancellation policy

Sounds to me like they want to change my listing into a chain hotel and get rid of our personnal service

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Does "wants us" mean they are forcing you, @Andrew157?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Andrew157 I fail on the self checkin as I live next door and meet everyone.

You can have a moderate cancellation policy.

how-do-I-join-the-work-collection

Sue642
Level 2
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

We also fail to meet the criteria due to meeting guests at the door and not having self check in.  We can't have a 24 hour check in as we are not a hotel and we don't have a foyer or gated/coded door system, just an ordinary house with a front door key. We live in the propetry so maybe the work collection isn't for us.

Andrew157
Level 10

Sorry airBnB would like us to join. No one is forced to do anything but expect to be bottom if we don't play the games.

Sorry yes Moderate cancellation, flu brain.

AirBnB no cancellation policy means we have probably given Influenza B to the last two sets of guests. We are supposed to share our lives

Sara350
Level 3
United States

Work Collection - No TV

New requirement to have a TV for Work Collection - dumb.

Listings that have been Business Ready no longer included if no TV.

TV is for leisure.

WIfi and AC make more sense for requirements.

Many boutique hotels no longer have TVs in the rooms. They are more in the spirit of hipsterness that Airbnb seems to promote. Americans are moving away from TVs to laptop streaming.

Until this requirement is removed, I guess we can check the TV box but specify in the listing that there is no TV. 

Many guests have stayed while traveling for work at my listing. Only one potential guest did not book space because of no TV. She was coming to town for a surgery and wanted to watch TV while recouperating.

I hope Airbnb rethinks this requirement. 

Also, I imagine some hosts do not want to hear the TV going from their mother-in-law space.

@Andrew157, where does it say we have to allow third party bookings?

(Other than the situation where a company can book travel for its employees, which you are supposed to accept whether you are Work Collection or not.)

Andrew157
Level 10

Sorry previously it was expected that the company (a third party) could book on behalf of the individual. I guess it is still the case.

Not something we want to do. We want to know who is staying and that they are personally responsible for their actions.