Work Collection and self check-in

Work Collection and self check-in

Why does Airbnb require self check-in in order to have "Work Collection" status? I have traveled to over 45 different countries around the world and stayed at 100's of hotels and I have not seen or heard of any hotel that allows self check-in. Even when I pay for my hotels in advance I still need to check in at the front desk. If billion dollar hotel industries won't allow self check-in then why should I ? This is a huge safety issue for me. I want to see who is arriving at my place and meet them (just like hotels do). I want to make sure the people arriving are the same people who booked (just like hotels). I want to make sure 10 people don't show up at my place when they booked for 2 people. Please get rid of self check-in in order to have "Work Collection" status. It's not necessary, hotel chains don't do it, and there is safety concerns when allowing self check-in.

45 Replies 45
Priyam0
Level 2
Lancaster, CA

I thought that I was the only person struggling to communicate with AirBnb and get this self-check in requirement adjusted, until I stumbled into this discussion.

As many of you have pointed out, I don't want anyone to enter my home without me or someone designated being present. This way, we can meet face to face, clarify all concerns.

I don't understand why AirBnb is so stubborn to not see how silly this requirement is.

It is frustrating and sad to see how AirBnb is growing into an inflexible bureacracy.