Would you claim on this guests security deposit?

Kynan0
Level 2
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Would you claim on this guests security deposit?

Guest booked 3 rooms in my house, I agreed to allow 6 persons to stay. My listing says clearly "no parties". She turned up, and at 10pm had around 14 people arrive who were all drinking. At 11pm I had to kick out all the people not staying. At 3am, around 8 people were back at the house, including the 6 allowed to stay, and the 2 extra were on my couch.

I requested the music at 9pm be shut off, they ignored my multiple requests, so I shut down my wifi to stop it.

The only thing stopping me kicking them all out was the worry they might come back and break my windows.

Would you take their $200 security deposit for having brought people in to sleep on the couch without asking?
1 Reply 1
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Kynon, you can't "take the deposit", you can only make a claim through the resolution center and ask for extra person's fee, or maybe in this case charge them another double room fee. 

For the rude behaviour and the break of house rules, you can only leave them a telling review to warn the next host. Please do that. 

You have 48h to make a claim through the resolution center - ask for the price of a room for two for a night. When they decline, press the button to involve airbnb and they will decide. If they don't answer you can involve airbnb within 72 hours, but better a bit earlier. Send them mails via the thread too.