Wouldn't it be great if all guests were like this?

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Wouldn't it be great if all guests were like this?

IMG_BCC4B4C3A7D2-1.jpeg

"Totally understand that stuff happens."

Understanding that stuff happens is called being a grown-up.

Communicating your needs is called being a grown-up.

Being patient and reasonable is called being a grown-up.

This is a great guest.

7 Replies 7
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Ann72  yes! We are lucky enough to get those guests often enough that we keep hosting 🙂 

@Laura2592  Oh gosh, my point wasn't meant to be that they're rare for me.  Her sentence just struck me as an exemplar.

@Ann72  no I didn't think they were rare! Its just that after a bad hosting experience a good guest always restores my faith in people. One day we may have the equation tipped too much on the side of non-awesome guests and that's when we will rethink our options. 

@Laura2592  Good point.  I look at it the opposite way, probably because I'm an incurable optimist:  an off guest just reminds me that some people are toxic and don't want to be happy about anything.  I almost feel sorry for them.  Almost - but not quite lol.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I am hosting a "grown-up" guest right now as well! Love them!

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 1.04.50 PM.png

@Emilia42 ❤️❤️❤️

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

My Airbnb fridge died unexpectedly last summer: the guest checked in, and said it wasn't cold. I went and checked on it, and yeah, it wasn't working. They were totally cool about it. I went out and got a new fridge at Costco and installed it while they were at dinner. Never one complaint about it, and they didn't mention it in their review. I did mention it in their review specifically, because I think anyone can be nice when things are great: it's a lot more telling when someone is nice when things go off the rails.