Wow! Airbnb you have sunk to new low!

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Wow! Airbnb you have sunk to new low!

Posted after a horrendous hosting weekend. Mentioned new ‘head of hosting’ l—- C.

airbnb deleated my post even though it had responses! It’s totally gone.

Do you know. Time to chat with the press, Airbnb you think you will delist us all and win?  Wait for the tidal wave of backlash! 

8 Replies 8
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@David6I did see your previous post. When I navigated back, it was not there anymore.

I am sorry to hear your bad experience with a retaliatory review. Personally I got two. One was removed because of the cursing words used by the guest. The other retaliatory review still persisted even though it had the insulting word attacking me. I can feel your pain!

You have over 300 hundred reviews. It should affect you little. And hope that you don't feel too upset. And taking care of your health is more important.

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alice595  Thank you so much. Just shocked these forums are so heavily ‘policed’ .

hosts need a space to rant, yet Airbnb ‘delete’ such post. Don’t worry L * r * C&@;be rs, I’ll message you direct! 

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I saw that too. I wonder if it has anything to do with their IPO plans. It happened with another post back on the 19th concerning a six figure damage bill and possible class action. It seems like airbnb is sweeping away anything critical of their business. 

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jim472  I’m done with this bulls*t. I used to work for Sunday times. Tomorrow I will make official public complaint .

Anyone reading this: don’t mention new h ead > of h OST’s

L___ ch—-

. I did !!!! and my post was deleated!!!! 

We are so disapointed with the AirBnb process for damage claims, we felt the need to share since ABB Marta has refused us in our recovery costs. Apparently we were unclear of the process as we had read that we had 14 days to process and file a claim for damage. NO, not the case if you have a back to back. Which means you have to document, clean, get estimate, replacements all in a matter of minutes prior to the next guest arrival. Technology these days and date/time stamps on photos should serve and evidence of damage regardless. We lost over $400. Guest never replied, never acknowledged any of it.   Today we experienced more damage just 2 guests later and again we had a back to back. We submitted our claim anyways. Not as significant however roughly $250 none the less. We firmly believe that travelers are not held accountable for their actions while sharing space from Hosts. We ultimately suffer the damage and cover the costs. Its ridiculous. We have no control over deposits, therefor there is no accountability and  I am starting to think some of these travelers know they can get away with it. We do have amazing experiences with most, however those few are really ruining it for everyone else.   We also learned yesterday that we chose to change our listing to instant book so we could decline a reservation we were uncomfortable with. We then chose to click the box under booking requiremens that clearly says " recomended by other hosts and have had previous travel". Well, according to customer service  we will still get those requests to book, Waaiiiiit for it,  even though we have checked the requirement to only accept instant book from travelers who have been recommended by other hosts. Customer service says we will still send those requests to you so you can decline them on your own. Well why would you give us the option to check a box that clearly says "recommended by other hosts and have traveled before with ABB"? Then when we do decline we have to explain to not only ABB as to why we are declining, we also have to explain it to the guest who wanted to book!!??    The other concern we have is occupancy, we are permitted to accept a maximum occupance of "8". period! Our county, fire, has a mandated max persons permitted to stay. This includes "TODDLERS and INFANTS".  We cant have 8 adults and 6 toddlers or infants. ABB has decided this on their own and do not consider that each state, county and vacation rental permit process has there own requirements? Its obsurd. We have amazing reviews and id say 4 of our 10 have been awful,  those odds arenot good. Does anyone have any knowledge or tips for how to handle any of this? Nobody seems to want to help us or resolve recovering damages when rightfully documented.  Wondering if anyone else has occupancy limits that is being bypassed by airbnb that could ultimately have our permit revoked.  Sincerely, rental frustrated! 

Julia0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@David6  Hello again after many years, maybe a silly question, but have you thought about going to their office here in London? 

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Julia0 . Great to connect again. How I miss the old chat ‘group’ we used to be part of! 

I always used to reach out to Chip Conley and every time he would get any issue sorted. This new head of hosting, is a total joke. I reached out to her after a guest left human excrement all over my apartment. It’s was disgusting. But no support and was allowed to leave a retaliatory review & Airbnb even had the nerve to try to ‘cut’ the claim I submitted. Just £40 I claimed yet they offered £30.

So many issues & problems. Airbnb have never bothered about hosts and now I honestly believe they are changing the business model and ‘we’ will eventually be phased out.  

Hope things are good with you. 

Julia0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Morning @David6 , I miss the old group too but probably considered too "un-pc" now! 

I think you should actually turn up at their office and stay until you get to see someone of relevance (if that someone exists). I think I remember someone else doing exactly that - a London host who also used to be in our old chat group - Alon?

Don't feel defeated though. What's that saying? "Don't get mad, get even"!

Best of luck.