Wow!! Not easy to submit questions/issues with the site - Guidebook

Connie40
Level 2
Nathrop, CO

Wow!! Not easy to submit questions/issues with the site - Guidebook

I am attempting to start a Guidebook (URL = airbnb.com/manage-listing/[listing #]/guidebook), and in both Chrome and FF, when the map renders on the right, you loose the page scroll bar.  This inhibits a host from entering anyting into the listing's guidebook.

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Log in

2.  Select Host -> Manage Listings

3.  Click "Calendar and More"

4.  On the left, use the mobile app style menu to slide out the menu and select Guidebook

Initially, the page scroll bar does render, however as soon as the map renders, the scroll bar is overlayed/gone.

23 Replies 23

Hi Carl andDiane (not sure which one of you I'm talking to),

The map provider is Google (and it should be given that Google just dumped a bunch of money into AirBnB.).  I would love to get a page source to compare with what I have, however I just looked at mine and it is not well formatted HTML so it is not worth reviewing.  Oh well, this issue is reproducible on three different computers.

I will try another box later in the week.  Thanks for the reply and running the repro.

Connie 

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Connie40 I'm not having this problem. No problems updating the guidebook. There's no need to scroll the page to add a new listing, as the new listing box is right at the top anyway. 

Hi Ed and Hugh,

The best way to illustrate the problem is with a screen shot.  I can see the Food Scene and I can search for resturaunts, however that is it.  I cannot save what I have selected because there isn't a page scroll bar to the right of the map.

Well, I would love to add the screen shot, but not sure how to add the image with the dialog that AirBnB provides, so I added the screen shot to my listing photos and then added a link here.    Let me know if you can see the image.  

Thanks,  Connie

Screen shot

Screen shot of Guide BookScreen shot

Screenshot

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Connie probably quicker and easier for you to just call BNB ? - use the search function here if you don't have the number.

@Connie40   I am not sure if this helps or it just further confuses your issue.  But, the scroll bar only appears when you click on the middle section and for the menu left.  When you click on the map it disappears because the map function is Zoom only  (+ / -)  not Scroll.

What I do is start typing the name of restaurant or whatever in the box in the middle section,  a list of places, cafe's etc. come up under the box, I click on the one I want to add and it is added on the map to the right.

This link might help  - create your guidebook

Thanks Ange for your persistence, and I can do all that you listed below.  The last step from the help link you supplied is:

7.  Click Add

There is no button and no way to scroll to get the Add button visible.  I tried clicking anything and everything to the left of the map and I cannot scroll down to make the Add button visible.

Thanks again,

Connie

I am not a code monkey, sometime back somebody posted who is, and said that the web site was a bit of a mess. One of the things you do before you roll out changes etc is make sure there is cross platform functionality, works on all the browsers you support.

Seems like this does not get done, and we have issues like this. Seems to work in Chrome, I assume you are using a diffrent browser.

Very odd for what is essentially an IT company.

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the response.  The test case I have does not work on Chrome or FF on a Windows 7 OS.  I might have been unclear in my past entry, but with the lack of a scroll bar, the Add button is not available.   I am in the s/w industry, and the silver bullet/main case was well written for the guests.    The host side of the code is rough around the edges from errors I have encountered and this issue.

Connie

You know much more about this than I do, An o/s issue, which surprises me.

David