Writing a polite but negative review

Robin30
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

Writing a polite but negative review

I recently had a very friendly couple stay for a 4 day visit, in that time they managed to flood the basement by turning the shower wand backwards & pointing upwards towards the corner of the ceiling and just let the water run,  the water found a way through a crack somewhere probably at the top of the shower stall (I took the day off work and cut the wall out behind to figure out the problem, it wasn't until they left that I noted the shower wand that was put on backwards that was causing the issue).

The day of check out I went into the suite to find that he was still in the suite, he thought she had book the suite for 5 nights...I had another guest arriving & by the looks of the suite they had definately spead out everything they owned, he was leaving to catch a flight in 15 min and she was out at a post wedding breakfast and didn't pick up her phone. There was no was possible to have the suite prepared in time, frantically I manage to secure my arriving guest at a neighbours bnb, this was a huge difficult inconvience as she comes yearly to visit her son & family, she has a head trauma and needs a quiet space and a bit of special handling to get her settled.

I permitted her to stay for the night, the suite was not great but OK when she departed, it took a very long time to clean and re organize,  I won't even get into that one.

Lastly I'm cleaning the front porch of the suite, there is a large wicker basket there were I keep the sprinkler and watering can. He had smoked on the porch and deposited all his cigarette butts in the basket...super gross.

This couple was very polite, but zero social skills and obviously did not take the time to read the itinerary etc. I do ask them to read all pertinent info prior to arrival.

There is no point requesting assistance from ABB, I gave up reqesting them mitigate issues a few years ago.

I'm having trouble writing a review, that is not mean spirited but gently states they are not really suitable for a home hosted stay.

Writers block lol!

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Robin30  How about some thing like this. Keep it simple. While XXXX was a lovely person, I don't think a shared hosted environment is the best place for them. 

Robin30
Level 2
Courtenay, Canada

Cut and pasted - DONE!

Sometimes it's just nice to have someone to bounce this stuff off of 🙂

Thank you

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I saw the word 'wedding' - I start to think that should be another danger sign. Tends to indicate lots of drinking, arguing, mess etc. Thoughts ?

@Pete28

you are right, the word "wedding" in Airbnb messages scares me too 😄  (visitors, vomit, drunk guests, mess, bottles everywhere...)