Wrong price on alteration requests.

Rory35
Level 1
Arizona, United States

Wrong price on alteration requests.

I'm a host and when trying to put in an alteration request to meet my clients needs, I'm running into problems. This has happened 3 times in the past few days. An extra night that should have cost an additional $45 plus taxs/fees came up as $65. The next a price increase to include extras that have been an additional $32 came up as $54. Last but not least, changing the reservation from 2 nights to 1 night actually increased the price by $5 when it should have decreased. This has all been filing from the host end. One request that came from the guests end processed without issue.

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Rory35

This happens more often than not.  Just adjust the amount to the correct one including all taxes and fees, cleaning fee included if you have one.

Ali185
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

How can we get more visibility to airbnb support regarding this? Seems like a very apparent bug in the system. Everytime I try to do an adjustment I get a difference in pricing than simply the additional nights. When I do it manually I have to explain to guests how I did it etc etc.

@Rory35

I agree with @Marit-Anne0

When a guest asks to stay an extra night I have two choices - send them a request for the additional amount in the resolution center (but that doesn't alter the calendar). Or change the reservation and do some weird calculation so that my payout is the same plus the additional amount.

Not sure how the Airbnb algorithm works or why it doesn't honor the agreed upon rate plus cleaning fee. It must work like an airline - if you cancel a date to rebook, it applies the most current pricing - and not even accurately.

So you are forced to do the math and submit the reservation change with daily rate set at whatever rates gets you to the right number for the final payout (It will show you the payout before you do a final submit so you have the option to go back and tweak the numbers).

(remember the final payout number you see has to be inclusive of all fees you normally collect on your own - cleaning, taxes, etc.) If Airbnb collects the taxes, then just make sure the final number includes the entire stay plus cleaning fee.