Yet another guest announces the night before they have a child stayog

Brian68
Level 9
Surat Thani, Thailand

Yet another guest announces the night before they have a child stayog

I am getting really fed up of this.

Guests who fail to declare they have a son and daughter then ask for an extra bed.

The booking quite clearly is for two people. This costs me extra money in cleaning and bedding.

Why do people think this is ok?

Added to that they have been trying to get out of the last two nights of the booking and using phantom dates to message me and in general being extremely irritating. Typically  the cheap and of the market

I have taken this up with Airbnb and will report back how I get on!

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Brian68 

Happens frequently Brian. You have two courses of action here...

1/..... Contact the guest and say that Airbnb's protection scheme is only available to declared guests, please amend the guest numbers to all guests who will be staying or you will reluctantly have to cancel their stay. sorry but too much of a risk!

2/......Get onto Airbnb and state, the guest has booked for, and you have approved 2 guest to stay. The guest now wants you to provide facilities for 4 guests, 2 of them undeclared. You do not feel comfortable continuing with this reservation as the guest wants conditions on the stay that are outside the scope of the booking and ask Airbnb to get the guest to cancel or perform a cancellation for and on behalf of the guest. 

You will find either of those will get a quick response Brian.

Cheers.......Rob

Brian68
Level 9
Surat Thani, Thailand

Thanks Robin, I am awaiting a callback from Airbnb. Trouble is they are now trying to change the dates and check out early privately with me to get a refund on a strict policy. Nightmare of a guest tbh