You have a guest arriving notification....

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

You have a guest arriving notification....

Hi all.....Just wondering if anyone else is annoyed by this notification.  I'm pretty sure all of us who look after our own listing are well aware of when our guest is arriving.  I'm sick and tired of being woken at 6.50am for a guest arriving at 5pm, unless earlier arrangements have been made...guarantee you they aren't arriving that early with earlier arrangements....If I have to go to Verizon and have them undo the update, well that's what I'll do.  I couldn't find a on/off for that notification, I'm not looking to stop all text messages in order to stop this asinine notification.   If you can tell me where to find TURN IT OFF, I would Greatly appreciate that.!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.!

31 Replies 31
Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

I am tired of the one that comes at 3am stating I have a guest arriving in 5 days.  I do wish they could time them better.  

@Michelle1851   OMGosh.!!!  I hope to NEVER get that one.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Wende2  I don't think there's any way of turning those off without turning off the alerts you do want. Yes, I always found them annoying, I've always been well aware of my booked dates. 

But I've also read posts where hosts got their dates confused and thought a guest was arriving the following day, so they might be useful to some especially if they have multiple listings.

But for hosts like us with one listing who are organized about their business and don't need those reminders, it would be nice to be able to block them. I sure don't need them reminding me 3 times that a guest is coming, or to send them check-in info.

@Sarah977   The thing is, if they came later in the morning, say around 9.50 not 6.50 that wouldn't be nearly as annoying as my guest should be leaving soon and I'm up to get started getting it ready for the next.  Just seems like they could have been nice enough to have given us a choice. 

@Wende2  Well I don't get disturbed by texts at 6AM because I turn my phone ringer off when I'm sleeping 🙂  I refuse to be available 24/7 to communication from anyone, except family in an emergency situation.

@Sarah977   I would do that too but I have 2 grandkids still in school, I sometimes get an early text asking if I can get them from school, or after soccer practice or what have you.

@Wende2 I'm not good with smart phone or tech stuff, but I think there is a setting on some phones where you can make it silent, but program in certain numbers that override that. So you could put in your daughter and grandkids and the school's numbers, but anything else wouldn't ring. It might be worth finding out about.

And I also get Airbnb alerts at 3AM, which is why I started turning my ringer off at night.

@Sarah977   Ya know I think I could do that, I'll ask my grans, the oldest would probably know.  My granddaughter is 15, she gave me some tips about the iPhone, I have never liked those but broke down and got it this last time, I'm kinda use to it now, still hate some things about it tho.

Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

Not only do you get disturbed as a host, you get disturbed as a guest.  As if you didn't know you booked a trip:)

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Wende2 @Michelle1851 @Sarah977  I never get those, so I know there is a way to turn them off - yay!  

Go to Account -> Notifications, and then choose the second sub-heading, "Reminders."  I only have "Email Reminders" checked and have turned off text messages and browser notifications.  Here's the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.56.24 PM.png

@Ann72   Hi......last night I opened the ABnB app and followed it to the end, yep there it was.  I turned off the one and only push notification that was on.  When Wednesday rolls around I hope to NOT get a notification any time that day. 

@Ann72   Hey again...Thanks for this, I was on the phone turning off the push notification.  Turned it off in the account as well, as it was still on, so obviously not connected.  Thanks again.!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Same as @Ann72 . I get the reminder emails, but no texts. It really helps not to be sleepless when you are trying to deal with things like finding where to turn off notifications. 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ann72  Thanks! Has that setting always been there? I don't recall seeing the "reminders" section when I first set up my account settings years ago. Which shows you how often I check my settings 🙂