You have a guest arriving notification....

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

You have a guest arriving notification....

Hi all.....Just wondering if anyone else is annoyed by this notification.  I'm pretty sure all of us who look after our own listing are well aware of when our guest is arriving.  I'm sick and tired of being woken at 6.50am for a guest arriving at 5pm, unless earlier arrangements have been made...guarantee you they aren't arriving that early with earlier arrangements....If I have to go to Verizon and have them undo the update, well that's what I'll do.  I couldn't find a on/off for that notification, I'm not looking to stop all text messages in order to stop this asinine notification.   If you can tell me where to find TURN IT OFF, I would Greatly appreciate that.!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.!

31 Replies 31
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Wende2 et al,

This very interesting and valuable product feedback (and in the case of it still happening when switched off, most likely a bug.)

Am I right in thinking you would like a more granular way of controlling what notifications are sent?

In terms of apps, there isn't a way, currently, to decide what time a Local notification (that's one that is sent straight via the app rather from the server, one from the server is called a Push notification) is sent - it's tied to the activity it is notifying. This is true of all apps (it's nice to use a bit of my mobile software development knowledge!) using native notifications. 

Looking forward to hearing more details on this,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Stephanie   Hi...Thanks for joining in.....I would like to NOT get the notification at all.  We've all thought it would be better if you had to opt-in for them.  I'd rather not get them, I don't feel I need a reminder.  Honestly I can't imagine what those who have several listings must be going thru.  If it is a bug maybe once it's fixed they'll stop since I turned them off, I have people coming tomorrow, guess I'll find out.