You have a guest arriving notification....

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

You have a guest arriving notification....

Hi all.....Just wondering if anyone else is annoyed by this notification.  I'm pretty sure all of us who look after our own listing are well aware of when our guest is arriving.  I'm sick and tired of being woken at 6.50am for a guest arriving at 5pm, unless earlier arrangements have been made...guarantee you they aren't arriving that early with earlier arrangements....If I have to go to Verizon and have them undo the update, well that's what I'll do.  I couldn't find a on/off for that notification, I'm not looking to stop all text messages in order to stop this asinine notification.   If you can tell me where to find TURN IT OFF, I would Greatly appreciate that.!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant.!

31 Replies 31

@Sarah977  I'm pretty sure it's always been there.  I haven't changed it in years.  

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Ann72 @Sarah977 @Lawrene0 @Michelle1851   Good morning/afternoon/evening.......after turning everything off, I was reminded at 6.24 this morning that I have a guest arriving today.  Looks like a trip to Verizon and a ABnB undo update is happening tomorrow.  I left a message with Stephanie weeks ago but of course crickets.  The least they could have done was made it so you had to opt in for the notification.  Hope everyone is having/had a Great day.  @Sarah977  I was thinking about what you said about only getting certain numbers in the morning but ABnB doesn't come by a number it's one of those 000-000, I deleted the message so I'm not sure what those 6 numbers actually were, so I can't not get that message. 

@Wende2  I'm not sure, but I think those 6 digit numbers are some sort of international text routing numbers.

So you're saying you turned off the "reminder" notifications in your account, but the text came through anyway?

I get the reminders in my email, but I've never gotten them by text, which is how my alerts for requests, inquiries and messages come.

@Sarah977   Yep, I turned them all off, in the account on the laptop and in settings on the phone, the phone is still sending them, I get the emails too.  Prefer the phone since I can answer straight away.  I don't look at my email that often throughout the day.

@Wende2    Stephanie has been pretty reliable - but she and Lizzie can only do so much with the corporate office. I know from experience they pass our concerns along. I just wish WISH we had more opportunities to spell out our concerns to the Host Advisory Board.

@Christine615   It would also be nice if there was a questionnaire emailed that had ideas about updates and what we thought about them.  Then they would have known to at the least made this arrival notification an opt-in, hell I'd be happy with opt-out right now.

I'm on the record as saying I'm sick of being interrupted by Airbnb reminders. I don't need them. Hosts who "DO" need them shouldn't be on the platform. It should be an opt-in, not a mandatory setting.

Also do NOT want to get those "guest booking" sounds when Airbnb is sending messages having nothing to do with a booking (alerts on new experiences, I might like, etc.). Honestly - who is making these decisions?

@Christine615  I agree, a host that needs a reminder that they have bookings and not to forget to send the check-in instructions is going to likely have more problems than that 🙂

I'm surprised they don't remind us to make the beds and leave some toilet paper.

@Sarah977  Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day. I got to the last line about toilet paper and burst out laughing. (Sad that it's so close to the truth).

@Sarah977  Don't they?  I felt they just about did that with the reminder emails - when you scrolled down, they would say things like "change the sheets" and "tidy up."  Since Covid, though, they talk more about that and just suggest you send the guest directions to your place in case they don't know how to get there.  😂😂😂

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Christine615   I agree, it should be an opt in.  I'm going to the main Verizon store and have them undo the last update, I never got these til I updated.  R.E.A.L.L.Y.. hope that takes care of it.  I would also like to know who came up with it, it the most stupid annoying useless in my case notification.  Honestly after turning all of them off, I'm hoping undoing the update does the trick, I really don't need any of the things that came with it.  I bet the people that have people that manage their rentals are pretty fed up too.  A friend around the corner looks after her neighbors house and she's not set up as a co-host, so I'm sure the owner doesn't need to know since she lives 2 hrs away.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I approach these notifications as annoying spam. Thank God it only takes a nano-second to delete them.

@Fred13   They are certainly annoying, albeit they wouldn't be nearly as annoying if they came after 12pm.   Maybe the person who sets the time lives on the other side of the world than me.  I will be having the last update removed from my phone, as turning off all reminders did nothing to stop them.

You kidding, even turning them off still didn't stop them? Wow.

@Fred13   Yep, turned it off in the settings on the phone, then again in the account at the site.  2 days later at 6.24am I got a text that I had someone arriving today.  I checked to see that it hadn't somehow been mysteriously turned back on, it was not.  When Covid got super serious with stay at home orders I couldn't change my instant book, they blocked the submit, so I had no way of saving the change.  I started a conversation about that, and some others chimed in with the same story.  My next solution is having the last update removed from my phone, not like there was other things with it I can't live without.