You may not receive the payout

You may not receive the payout

HOSTS BEWARE.

The worst guests criminals will be staying in your house if you provide the SELF CHECK IN , since anyone who has access to airbnb account may come or share it with anybody in the world now.. If bad guests see that you don't provide access to you house over the phone or online , they PLAY" impossible to check in" to get the full refund.

HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT.

Airbnb always takes the worst guests side after they call airbnb, since the worst people are professionals in this.

Sure there is not everyone who likes free ride, but there is a lot of them. And there is no way to save yourself from this, as Airbnb promote this. Airbnb cancel reservations on your behalf on check in day and refund the guests on your behalf. Nobody care that you rely on that payment and that you didn't do anything wrong. Imagine that.

It happened to me a lot lately. I am in this business for 25+ years 24/7.

I am sharing this with you , as i wish to help you guys every way possible.

If you feel something like this happened to you please reply and join the conversation.

2 Replies 2
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I've been doing self check-in for my in-law unit for 2 summers now. I haven't had any scammers book. I have a 2 night minimum and my stay is a bit expensive compared to most. What's the worst that can happen? If their payment bounces the next day then I'm gonna know about it and take down their license plate, VIN number, call the cops, etc.

Most hosts have no idea who is staying at their place in reality when using self check in. And most criminals who using airbnb are not so bad at the place they sleep. But we found out that people staying have nothing to do with person who did reservation, we start checking the guests in person to avoid any future complications. We also see everyone coming to the property on cameras. Bad guests don't like it , when you are covered against them, as it is very hard for them to make any false complains. So once they see the owner or any person at the property waiting for them to check in they start to make up story's : " my family member did the the reservation and coming later , please let me in" etc.

Some of them simply calling airbnb claiming that " it is impossible to check in as the host do not let them in" to get the full refund, so they can book another property with self check in. In this case airbnb cancels the reservation on your behalf and refund the guest. Now you stuck with no money, closed calendar for lets say a week or more and there is nothing you can do about it. Sooner or later it will come to every one of us, if you care about your property and neighbors . One day it may ruin your business completely.