You’ve reached the max confirmation attempts. Try again later.

David416
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

You’ve reached the max confirmation attempts. Try again later.

Airbnb will not let me finish my listing. I start with verifying my phone number (had to do this 20 times) then I fill out the description etc and then submit but the wheel keeps going - it never completes the profile. I am on Chrome and empty my cache/cookies/history and start over again and still the same problem. It got to the point it now says "You’ve reached the max confirmation attempts. Try again later," and I would really really like to get my listing live. Can anyone please help?

23 Replies 23

There's no way to fix it so it seems I'm most probably never using Airbnb 

Chris2024
Level 2
Bedford, TX

Unfortunately, I also encountered this same error message today and again tonight. Now I have no choice but to look elsewhere for my stayover. Greatly dissappointed with the booking process with this service.

Guy309
Level 1
Blaye, France

Bonjour, j'ai eu le même problème d'identification en demandant un code par téléphone. J'ai opté pour un code par messagerie et cela à très bien fonctionné. Ayant dans mon téléphone une carte SIM qui n'est pas française et de ce fait les SMS sont payants. c'est peut être la raison du mauvais fonctionnement par téléphone (économie oblige).... 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Guy309 ,

Thanks for sharing your insight with the Community Center. Did you know there is a dedicated French speaking community center? You can find it here: Community Center FR

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Teresa858
Level 2
Augusta, GA

Hi,

I had the exact issue,  after a 4th attempt to finalize my account instead of using my cell phone number I used my husbands and it went right through!!  I assumed after doing all the alternates you've done; cleared cookies, used a different web broswer etc..then it would work. Maybe, I had just typed my number in too quickly multiple times or something  because I had then received the same error messages as you all!

Hopefully this helps a new potiental host/guest trying to finalize an account!

Stephanus-Johannes0
Level 1
Lilongwe, Malawi

Can you believe 2 years later and still the same problem.

going round in circles

Eliott2
Level 1
Toulouse, France

It seems to happen when your phone number is already linked to another AirBnB account.

Same problem, spent an hour and a half with customer support trying to get a solution and they said they would try to find a solution and just disappeared . Crazy.