Your listings have been temporarily paused

Roie0
Level 2
Ramat Gan, Israel

Your listings have been temporarily paused

I got this message,
"Because you declined multiple consecutive reservation requests, your listings have been temporarily paused and removed from search results. You can reactivate and come back to hosting after learning more about Acceptance and our hosting standards".
Where can I learning more about Acceptance and our hosting standards? and how can I reactivate my listing?
Thanks.
14 Replies 14
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

I guess you can read Help Articles that appear in your profile at Airbnb, @Roie0, or have a look at the Hosting and Help sections here in the Community Center. Or use the search option. I guess you should start with Terms of Service.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks,

But how can I reactivate my listing?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

I’m just guessing as I have never heard of this before but there are those little videos in the tools section @Roie0 maybe once you have watched them you will be able to reactive? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Roie0......Roie there are a couple of articles here that you may find helpful to understand how Airbnb arrives at a decision to suspend a listing and how you should go about applying to re-activate it....

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/489/why-was-my-listing-deactivated

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1303/why-was-my-listing-paused-or-suspended

The 489 article Roie, gives you the link to reactivate your listing once your suspension period has been completed.

You will also see the link to 'Minimum hosting standards' in 1303 article and this will tell you what is required.

I am sorry you have found yourself in this situation Roie, I know you felt you were probably doing the right thing but these suspension notices are generated automatically without the system being aware of the reasons behind your declines.

If you feel you have been unjustly dealt with here you can contact Airbnb via this link.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/contact_us#/

I hope this helps you Roie

Cheers.....Rob

I declined 3 reservations in a row. 1 was for a group of 15 when my listing clearly says max of 8. the next was a request to rent by the month and the dates simply weren't available. Last was a party that asked in the evening to rent the next day when I couldn't schedule my cleaner for that.

Does Airbnb even look at the circumstances before sending me the warning email ?

@Mark1108 probably not... however:  (1) Accept the booking for 8 people with stipulation no additional guests will be allowed.  (2) How was it possible to submit a request for unavailable dates? AFAIK Airbnb makes this impossible.  (3) Close your calendar for unavailable dates. If you need advance notice, stipulate that in your listing:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1210/how-do-i-edit-my-reservation-preferences

People request open dates just to be able to communicate with you then in their message they ask about monthly rental rates and availability. They don't cancel their request so you end up having to decline on your end or you get dinged for not responding.

As far as advance notice- come on--he emailed the night before. I would have loved to have accomodated him but when I checked with my cleaning people they jusy couldn't accomodate me. 

My point is that AIRBNB doesn't even care about any of this. Their program sees cancellations and we get dinged for it even though there was no ill intent involved.

@Mark1108 all true. But it's better (if dumb) to accept the inquiry as submitted, even though you know it's not what the guest really wants. They're not going to take it, of course, but your metrics will not suffer. Re advance notice, you can set up your reservation requirements to make such a last minute request impossible. Again, could be seen as dumb, but these are rational ways to manage under Airbnb's irrational system.

Jill295
Level 4
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Here’s a tip. I ask the guest to please cancel their reservation request. (My reason for declining is always because the guest didn’t read the entire post ie: bringing kids when I clearly state no kids, are under 21 when I clearly state no one under 21, want to negotiate fee, etc.) Most guests will do the cancel when I request. For those who don’t I send 2 or 3 more messages asking them to do it “so as to open the dates for another traveler” that works 99.9999% of the time. It’s bery frustrating that as hosts we get penalized for bad guests. 

@Jill295 wrote:

Here’s a tip. I ask the guest to please cancel their reservation request. (My reason for declining is always because the guest didn’t read the entire post ie: bringing kids when I clearly state no kids, want to negotiate fee, etc.) Most guests will do the cancel when I request. For those who don’t I send 2 or 3 more messages asking them to do it “so as to open the dates for another traveler” that works 99.9999% of the time. It’s very frustrating that as hosts we get penalized for bad guests. 

@Jill295  Be very careful with the 21 or older. You must have proof that you are required to have that age as the minimum. I.E. HOA, Resort bylaws, or insurance requirement. Otherwise you are violating AirBnB's discrimanation policy and can be delisted. 

Oh thank you. Yes, my community has restrictions. 

@Jill295  Then you are A-Okay. I have the same 21 year old restriction. 

MerveandArifandEmre0
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Hi, 

We did not host any visitor because of pandami since beginning of covid 19. Now we would like to restart to host visitors in our place. We filled and accepted the health and safety requirments and rearrange the dates of rooms.However our account is still suspended. How should we reactivate our account again? thank you.