advice needed about a key left in the keyhole and couldnt enter the apartment.

advice needed about a key left in the keyhole and couldnt enter the apartment.

my apartment was booked for a 5  days by a guest (A)  on behalf of 2 girls (B) who were coming from abroad. The girls where ok and left the house in good condition. I asked them to "leave the key in  the apartment and just close the door". They decided to leave the key in the keyhole. An hour later I tried to enter the apartment but I couldnt because the key was left in the keyhole. I  described the incident to  the (A) and she said that it was (B) mistake and they will have to pay for that. I asked  (A) if she wishes to send an expert to open the door or find one on my own and pay and then give me back the money  through AIRBNB. She asked me to pay for that and follow the procedure through AIRBNB.  its been 5 days since  I paid 35€ and asked the money from the guest (A) VIA AIRBNB. Still waiting... 

What shall I do ?

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ευφροσυνη2 interestingly the guest did exactly what you asked them to do.....

actually if you leave the key to every other place of the house but the keyhole the happy host can enter the house... I dont know anyone that leaves the key in the other side of the lock. Do you? Anyway do you think that AIRBNB will support my request to get the money from the guest or not?

@Ευφροσυνη2 yes we leave our key in the lock. I believe you can buy a type of lock for your door where it will not lock if the key is in the lock on the  inside 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ευφροσυνη2 

Form the HELP file regardng AIRCover claims:

"After you submit your AirCover for Hosts request, your guest will have 24 hours to pay. If they decline to pay the full amount or don’t respond, you’ll be able to involve Airbnb Support. Keep in mind that if you want to involve Airbnb Support in your AirCover for Hosts request, you will need do so and submit evidence of the damage within 30 days of the damage or loss."

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Would Aircover apply given it was a 3rd party booking?