air bnb for birthday party

Answered!
Madi11
Level 2
Riverside, CA

air bnb for birthday party

Hi everyone.

I’m looking for a house to rent for my daughters 1st bday party in riverside ca area but am having a hard time finding someone who allows it. I’ve seen a couple in the past but can’t find them anymore 😞 i don’t want to have it in a public place or park and don’t have the space in my home.

Know anyone who allows it ? 

1 Best Answer

@Madi11  When you're using the Search form, you can click on the Amenities tab, and choose "Suitable for parties/events" as a search filter, and see if you like the choices.

It's true, you won't find many hosts that will allow this on Airbnb, and for many reasons Airbnb is an incredibly unsuitable platform for event rentals. 

But this is a very solvable problem! Just use a different website. For example, Peerspace is modelled after Airbnb but specializes in private homes for event rentals. EventUp and Eventhomes also have a lot of listings around the LA metro. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Madi11  When you're using the Search form, you can click on the Amenities tab, and choose "Suitable for parties/events" as a search filter, and see if you like the choices.

It's true, you won't find many hosts that will allow this on Airbnb, and for many reasons Airbnb is an incredibly unsuitable platform for event rentals. 

But this is a very solvable problem! Just use a different website. For example, Peerspace is modelled after Airbnb but specializes in private homes for event rentals. EventUp and Eventhomes also have a lot of listings around the LA metro. 

thank you !!

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Madi11 

I think to help put it in perspective, ask yourself, would you allow someone to host an event with a guest list that may range from just a few people to 20 or 30 or even 40 people in your house without being able to supervise it? If something was damaged or a child was hurt g-d forbid, their insurance would likely not cover it because home owners insurance wouldn't cover an event and the homeowner would be on the hook only to make a couple hundred bucks. The risk highly outweighs the reward. And although plenty of people try to convince me that they will take responsibility for it, you cannot just take someones word for it.

I think if you want hosts to take your request seriously, you should offer a damage deposit up front that would be returned if the home is left in good condition but even then, many hosts would still probably say no.

Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately,  disrespectful guest have made host very cautious.  I do not know anyone presently, however, I will keep an eye out for you.  Happy Birthday to your daughter. (twins?)