airb bnb fees

Lorenzo318
Level 2
Turin, Italy

airb bnb fees

Hello, 

I would kiek to know how you calculate your fee. Example: 

you say my guest will pay 431,19€ and I will earn 328.65€ and in the same page you say that I will get 328,65 but your service fee is only 21.35€. WHY you get more then 100€? then?!

thanks

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lorenzo318

this is  hosts forum and not customer service so you will not get an answer from airbnb employee.

As far as I know the math goes something like this:

- your accomodation price is 100 €

- guest pays 100 € + 15% (airbnb guest fee) + 2% ( currency convertion fee)

- you will get 100 € - 3% (airbnb host fee) - 2% (currency convertion fee) and of course, your bank will charge you for transaction fee as well.

Host fee can vary from 3 - 6 % and currency convertion fee apply if any transaction is made in any other currency then US$ .  

ps

if you didn't enter your VAT number then you will be charged VAT on Airbnb service fee as well.

If you entered VAT number then you will be obligated to count and pay it by yourself to your goverment.

Hi @Lorenzo318,

Further to @Branka-and-Silvia0‘s explanation, here is the relevant page on Airbnb’s help section: www.airbnb.co.nz/help/article/1857/what-is-the-airbnb-service-fee

If you still need to contact Airbnb directly, here’s how:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/td-p/413245/j...

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Tnx @Yun8 for the link... but I am confused.... VAT is mentioned at 2 places .

First it appears that VAT is charged to the guest and not to the host.

Then, at the end of the article is written that depending of the country laws it can be charged to the host and to the guests.

It is not clear if it is for rentals or for experiences or for both ???

ps

ok, I found it, both guests and hosts are charged VAT if they are from the country where it has to be applied. It is explaned here: https://www.airbnb.co.nz/help/article/436/what-is-vat-and-how-does-it-apply-to-me