airbnb blocked dates awaiting guest ID verfification

Sophie122
Level 3
Olhão, Portugal

airbnb blocked dates awaiting guest ID verfification

Last Sunday the calendar of one of my listing was blocked pending ID verification of a guest. I am now aware, it is AIRBnB-s policy to do this for 12 hours to offer the guest the possibility to comply. However, 20 hours later my calendar is still blocked. I phoned support trying to find out why, but a very nice girl told me she could not unblock the calendar, but it  had  been unblocked in the meantime?. Unfortunately, it still has not. It now shows in my dashboard that  it will be blocked for another 10 hours in order to 'offer' the guest time for identification.

And unfortunately, the host can not unblock the calendard either!

Is there anyone that has had the same experience? Or has any advice? I already contacted the 'guest' but no reply.

4 Replies 4
Curtis147
Level 1
Hoboken, NJ

This has been a problem since 2014, at least. Airbnb knows about it. I have called them many times about this exact issue and they've done nothing, despite promising to look into it. 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

Yes, this is a glitch for hosts and not fair that our calendars are handcuffed for 12 hours pending someone’s Identification. 

This has happened 3 times to us just recently and each time it resulted in nothing but a 12 hour hold and blocking anyone else from booking. 

In the future, I will resort to Twitter, apparently the squeaky wheel will get some grease when you do it that way. 

Wow this isn't good for the host and the guest

Jane3552
Level 2
Frankfurt, Germany

It happened to me today. Very unfair considering I don’t even have instant book on