airbnb case so called managers ***

As simple as that.

***[Inappropriate content hidden from title]

33 Replies 33
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Aljosa0

Aljosa, if you have a specific issue there is a possibility that someone here on this forum can help you!

But coming here with a statement like 'managers are ***' has not exactly got you off on the right footing!

If you would care to put the emotion aside and tell us what this is all about there is a possibility we can be of assistance.....give us a try?

Cheers.....Rob

Dear Robin, I was perfectly clear. They do their best to support mentally ill guests and their [inappropriate content hidden] reviews. As I said, ***.

It seems you don't have the temperament to host. 

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

@Aljosa0,

Mental illness and cognitive impairment are conditions related to personal health, and should not be used as insults.

Well, I am not trying to insult. That is the fact. Mentally ill persons were at my place and wrote a review with 90% lies in it. For this criminals, airbnb "case" "managers", it is all just fine. Just 2 days ago I was thinking like this site is so cool. Now I see I was completely wrong, they are the worst.

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Well, first,  the phrasing here is hyperbolic and as a result not likely to be effective.

I spent most of 3-5 hours on and off the line with AirBnB support last night.  In the end,  I could have resolved the issue far more quickly (if not,  documented in their system,  presuming the documentation matters) on my own.  There is a perception that this is the intent,  but as the adage goes,  never assume ill intent in what can be sufficiently explained by incompetence.

I am not fully aware of the context in Croatia,  but mentally ill guests face difficulties that we as hosts have an obligation to attempt to serve,  and certainly,  not meet with prejudice or scorn.   It is unclear from the OP what the issue at hand is here (possibly merely a bad review?) given lack of detail,  but I'm sure we'd all be glad to help if we had that information.  But sometimes you have to chuck up a bad review to experience, neni Pravda?

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi @Aljosa0

I have seen your profile. Is the negative review the one written by [guest - personal information hidden], the one who said she had to climb 80 steps ?

It seem to me you have lots of good reviews. I think that one negative review, being the review fair or unfair, will not have a great impact or influence on a potencial guest.

If you can not change the situation, the best you have to do is to "take a chill pill" 🙂 and reply the negative review.

As for the terms you have used, maybe you do not know that  they are very offensive terms, being the target someone mentally ill or not ! 🙂

It is not a good idea to talk this way, it is the same as to shoot yourself in the foot !

Dear Jose,

Yes, that's that review, correct. Honestly, I don't care about influence of her sick and pathologically lying review. airbnb so called managers are problems because they absolutely support these *** to write lies. And by the way, managers my ass. Real manager is trying to solve a problem. airbnb "managers" are *** who are hiding behind operators and they are impossible to reach. airbnb "managers" - ***.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Aljosa0

You are an experienced host and you should know that every now and then you are going to get a less than flattering review.

I can't quite understand what your issue is with ABB 'Managers'!!

If you are refering to the fact that you got a poor review and they will not remove it, here are the guidelines for writing a review.

Review guidelines.png

After reading Cheryl's review there is nothing in there that contravenes ABB's review policy...it is just her perception of her experience and the whole review system would just become a complete 'sham' if every host was granted the ability to get rid of something they did not like. 

And another thing Aljosa, you don't paint yourself in a good light by refering to a guest as a redneck pathalogical lier simply because she complained about climbing 80 stairs or could not find blankets or other things that should have been readily available. What may seem 'bleedin obvious' to you in your property will not be seen the same way to a stranger! You do need to spell things out to guests, not let them go on some sort of 'treasure hunt' to find them.

It is mainly your attitude here that I find disappointing! You have come here in an aggresive, abusive way! I understand you feel upset and angry that the outcome of your dealings with the resolution centre may not have been to your wishes. But, I have found throughout my life that soft soothing words get you far further than waving a big verbal stick....and by the way you have explained yourself here, I am not the slightest bit surprised that ABB help have not given you much of a hearing. If you had spoken to me like that on the phone I would have told you to 'go to hell' and hung up on you! Does that make me a ***?

Cheers.....Rob

Dear Rob,

Thank you for your reply. Did you read whole her review? Mentioning stairs is not problem at all, that and me not being present at check-in day are the only things from the review that are true. Everything else are pathological lies. And problem is that airbnb managers tolerate and support these lies.

Anyway, I was clear with them - if they don't remove that review and if they don't let me write a review about [Inappropriate content hidden] (I didn't write a review about them because I didn't want to write bad things about guests but now I want to), I will delete my account here. They will have to handle with hundreds of my future bookings, and I will have my apartments full anyway - Dubrovnik is world's tourist destination and I will just open account on some other site. Win-win situation for me.

I apologize for not being polite, and for my agressive style - I am very frustrated with this situation. Sorry!

By the way, does anybody know is it possible to make options here not to accept bookings from some countries by automatism? Thanks!

- Not accepting people by nationality is discrimination.

- Are you seriously comparing someone's complaint about stairs and urine smell to the Nazi regime?

Get a grip, and please follow through on your threat (offer?) to close your account.

Hi Hilary and Ed, thanks for reply.

I already stated - mentioning stairs is not a problem. About urine smell - I thought it was a lie, but now I figured it out - smell is there, but only because [personal information] and her husband urinated there. That's why I requested 5000 euros from them because of terrible damage. I have to change all kitchen elements including floor thanks to their urinating. No matter how hard I clean it, smell stays there. And there was never urine smell before their arrival. So, it's very easy to conclude what hapenned there. Let's see will airbnb managers help me about this issue.

I aplaud you for standing up to Airbnb Case Managers.  I know some guests are just terrible and they lie if they don`t get their way.  The issue is that the negative reviews affect your ratings, rankings and the hard work you do.

The Airbnb Customer Service is nice but mostly useless.  My experience with Case Managers is terrible and I try to avoid them.  Some of them don`t even write complete sentences and I have no idea where they came from.  I rent a room in my home so will have to find other venues for booking.  I think it is dangerous when one company has so much power so I hope to give more business to other competitors.

@Aljosa0 I assure you that there is not one host here on the Community Center who has not been on the receiving end of some less than satisfactory costumer service outcome. We all are in the same business and most everyone had some dummy guests. However, coming here and posting the way you do just doesn't make any sense at all. I guarantee that those poor agents from Florida or better yet from the Philippines will not spend their fee time reading this site to find out how much you hate them.

What you do is the equivalent to standing on your street, cursing out loud: everyone will look but nobody will have any idea why you do it or how to help you.