airbnb rejects my payment for fast track verification

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

airbnb rejects my payment for fast track verification

I'm having the trouble of my lifetime to verify myself. 2 weeks ago I got a note from airbnb that I have to re-verify myself till dec. 5, if not, my place will be delisted.

They want me to verify my adress, take a picture of my government ID (they already have that) and upload a selfie. I tried everything – nothing works. Improve Your German and read the entire story on a 9 page thread on the german CC:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Gastgeber-unter-sich/Ich-mu%C3%9F-mich-verifizieren/td-p/1182242

I was looking for a way out and remebered, that after Orinda airbnb offers personal verification if hosts pay for it:

https://skift.com/2019/11/15/airbnb-hosts-will-be-able-to-pay-to-fast-track-verification-of-their-li...

Quote:

• What’s more, in a recent Recode Decode podcast, CEO Brian Chesky said Airbnb plans to let Airbnb hosts pay to fast-track physical inspections and verifications of their listings,

So I offered airbnb to pay 300 Euros / 330 USD to send someone for verification = rejected. Then I increased my offer to 680 Euros / 750 USD = rejected. 680  Euro is the rental price for the airbnb-guests coming to my place for Christmas. So I'm offering to host them for free to avoid problems. Here's my offer in German Language, it's on page 6 of said thread.

2019-12-04 offer 680 Euros for verification.jpg

I live in the center of Munic  one mile away from the main station and 2 miles away from the Oktoberfest. They can send someone, ring my doorbell, there's my name on it, I come down and get verified. Doesn't even have to be an airbnb employee, could be an uber driver, they know how to handle apps. 750 USD, that's a hell of a service fee for a physical verification. Why is that not possible?

And why are airbnb employees not executing the announcements of their CEO. Does Brian Chesky know about that?

9 Replies 9
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

I feel for you @Ute42 ! (I've been struggling through your German threads - hard to believe I got a degree in German 35 years ago, was fairly fluent then, where's it all gone? And now of course we have the new computer speak!)

Did you try the simple way for the technically challenged, like me? - Like you, the link sent me (& everybody?) to a travelling page, 'Where do you want to go?'

So I uploaded my photo of my passport by clicking the 'add' tab in the Personal Info section. And my photo of my passport was one I'd just uploaded, so I took it from the hard drive, all low tech. Could you open your 'Personal Info' section, & click on each tab that says 'add'??

Helen350
Level 10

..... I have no smartphone = no app - just used laptop. Would the photo have been a Jpeg?? Someone else said they couldn't upload a pdf....

Helen350
Level 10

@Ute42 Maybe it was easy for me BECAUSE I do not have a smartphone, so can not be re-directed to a non-functioning app......?

I've been reading the problem with the "ss" in your surname... Bots obviously not programmed for Eszett/ss issues...... What to do? Can't believe CS can't help ....

Bertrand19
Level 3
Geraardsbergen, Belgium

What's all this, this verification?
airbnb has telephone numbers, addresses, even bank account numbers of all its members; why in Godsname do they still doubt that we are, who we claim to be?
recently i had a problem (not wanting to pay compensation) with a guest; a guest with official legitimacy... so what?? He didn't pay!

@Bertrand19 

I have hosted 2 groups / 10 people each in October, that's 2 months ago. Review: "Great place we'll be back". What's the use of re-verifying me if I host guests in the recent past with no problems at all?

Helen350
Level 10

** - Can you help @Ute42 re-verify? Or convince the powers that be that she has already been verified for years? (Fraser works for Airbnb & is investigating re-verification issues.)

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ute42 

Ute, what you have received has nothing to do with the Orinda shootings or any of the CEO's statements about verification since.

The program is automatically sending out verification notices randomly to hosts which has been ongoing for a considerable time, and it is just coincidence that you should have received yours just after Orinda! @Helen350  has recently had one and so have many other users here on the CC including myself.

I got that same email back on the 14th of August when I was travelling across to the east coast of Australia for a few weeks. The crazy thing for me was, the verification link I had to click on was in Dutch! My knowledge of Dutch is about the same as my knowledge of Outer Mongolian......zero!

I was concerned just like you because, it was threatening. my payouts would be held and my account could be compromised if I did not respond in a certain time-frame

re-verification.png

I rang support and explained my situation, that I was away from my computer and unable to re-verify myself until I returned home. They understood and gave me an extension (over-rid the program protocols) and as soon as I returned home I was sent a re-verification link....mercifully this time in English, I re-verified myself in a matter of less than 10 minutes, got a confirming email and all was good.

Ute, offering money will simply confuse the system! What you have received is not involved with the mass verification that is to take place before December 5 2020. I am lead to believe when that notice comes you will be able to buy your way to the head of the verification list.

I may be wrong but, I would be hesitant to link the two Ute.

Just ring support and ask for a verification link in German and  you will find it works smoothly!

Good luck Ute.

Cheers......Rob

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Robin4, @Helen350 

Thank You for Your input.

Today the request to verify myself has disappeared from my dashboard. So I think I'm all set. Case closed.

Helen350
Level 10

@Ute42 - A glitch??? I've wondered this all along with you & the others who were already verified & had conflicting info i.e. "Verified"/"Not verified".