airbnb sign purchase

Tina6
Level 1
Fredericksburg, TX

airbnb sign purchase

Is there a place to purchase an airbnb symbol to hang outside to welcome guests? This would show they are in the right place.

Than you,

Tina

8 Replies 8
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Yes! What a great idea!  First you need to create your Airbnb logo at create@airbnb.com, then go to the Merchandise store to put your logo on different items including posters.  I would only display the sign when you are expecting guests.  Your neighbors might object to signage in their neighborhood.  Thanks for the idea!

Helen516
Level 2
Witney, United Kingdom

Does this link still work?

Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

I bought one of these from a host who posted in the old Groups. He makes them on a 3D printer. It arrived quickly and is very simple and discreet. Love it!

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 4.56.37 PM.png

Here's the link: http://www.shapeways.com/product/JCYYN72G2/airbnb-house-symbol?productConfiguration=42943238&etId=42...

$50 for a stupid keychain?? Call me moronic but that is the STUPIDEST price for a trinket I have seen to date!!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

Just a heads up....in Florida and in our neighborhood which is residential. Any business must be without signage....you can do the business if the zoning area is cool for it. Before Airbnb I used the building for massage therapy.  I have a detached building but if it was attached to the house it wouldn't work. Cause of zoning....Plus, we are in the city....2 blocks away is county and no business allowed cause of zoning again.  But then NO signage is allowed.

when I converted my massage building to an Airbnb cottage I did buy a small logo and have it near the light outside but it just looks like a bright yellow heart kinda logo.....we know and guest maybe notice it but anyone else nope. so that works for us. 

Bought it from Shapeways and service was fast and good..........but NOT $50 more like $14....happy hosting, Clara

Hello, here you can buy airbnb sign for cheap price and very qualitative for indoor and outdoor use

*removed for solicitation*

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Reported as spam @Toms5 

sadly you haven't even got the Airbnb logo right - do you have their permission to produce these? 

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Wearing a purely marketing hat, badging is a pretty common way to enhance the perception of credibility. TripAdvisor, for example, rewards establishments (partucularly advertisers) with badges they can display in their place of business to show they've been rated or are otherwise promoted by TripAdvisor. 

So, in that respect, it's an idea that Airbnb should consider. 

However effective that may be, I, for example would take some pause at doing so, even with TripAdvisor, because digging a bit deeper, you'll find that platforms like TripAdvisor aren't quite as transparent, nor as honest as they position themselves to be. And TripAdvisor's credibility perception is starting to decline. 

Airbnb's marketing is probably the single best of any platform out there. The perception they have established is in my opinion, very well done. Despite the rash of criticism that Airbnb seems to suffer ever more frequently. In fairness, as any brand becomes more successful, they'll always face increasing criticism. That's just the nature of business. 

Still, I'm wary of how long it might last for Airbnb. They only need to make a few serious faux pas to cast a shadow on their brand. And judging from the apparent increase in questionable behaviours, incompetence of support, and increasing focus on sales at the expense of its base, the chances of making such mistakes seems to be increasing. 

In our case, several years ago, we made the mistake of becoming too enthusiastic and dependent on Airbnb, having given up all other platforms, and exclusively listed on Airbnb, only to be ultimately spat on by Airbnb. So, we're in the process of minimising future dependence on Airbnb for our business. And we're starting to detach ourselves from being too closely associated with the brand (or any others). It could well become a liability at some point. 

So, as interesting as it may be to "badge" our villa with the Airbnb logo, I'd have to have a long think about that. 

But it's a truly excellent idea that Airbnb marketing should take on board.