airbnb symbol

Deborah159
Level 1
Rexburg, ID

airbnb symbol

I would like to place an airbnb symbol on the door of our airbnb.  Is there one available to purchase? If not, I will try to make one. I'm thinking about the size of a wreath. Would anyone else be interested?

21 Replies 21
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Why would you want to do that?

Are your guests having problems finding the right door?

I would never ever want to advertise like that. What would be the point? I mean some of my neighbours obviously know (and help me) that i'm using ABB but I wouldn't want everybody to know. 

I kind of reminds me of people putting Apple stickers on their car; just why? 

Sorry I didn't want to ridicule your ask but maybe I just don't get why you'd wanna do that. Peace 🙂

Yes, you really dont understand. 

I think she is proud of what she does and that is one of the main reasons why. 

I also think can be good advertising letting local people know that there is an airbnb in their town and that they can offer friends from out of town a place to book cheaper (with her) versus a more expensive hotel.

I dont understand why you would "ridicule" her question.

@Jim73 

I'm saying I'm honestly interested in knowing why so please don't over interpret and state the obvious that I dont understand why. ABB is an online platform that reaches millions. I hardly think a badge on a door could generate more sales. 

How about we let her answer that and if you would read my comment you would see it didn't want to ridicule her but that I really don't understand why she would like that badge on the door hence my question(s).

I apologize Christian, but I felt the need to back up this ladies first ever post and valid question. At one time I too wanted to do the same as Deborah.

I think that most people would not really know what the symbol means so really it's just for people who already know Airbnb. So it's really not screaming, in your face advertisement, it's kind of subtle and for those in the know. 

For me, even if the symbol generated just a tiny bit of awareness that would be a very cool thing. 

Sorry again if I came off as rude.

Robert78
Level 10
Suzhou, China

I kinda see the benefits for doing something like this @Deborah159. Maybe take a high res screenshot and get it professionally printed into an adhesive label to put on the front door, especially if you host in an apartment complex.

My only criticism is that advertising to the world-at-large that your place is a vacation rental may attract certain unwanted attention: "Hi, I'm a vacation rental. I'm usually occupied, but sometimes I'm empty!" For a host with an entire property available, I might not want to put that out there. There may also be a trademark issue.

But overall, pretty cool idea! Might be worth posting in Host Voices to see if it gets any traction 🙂

Check out https://www.airbnb.com/press/resources

There is supposed to be way to design your own logo, print business cards, posters etc. but alas it does not work. :(. https://create.airbnb.com/en/tool

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

It is possible that this particular door isn't visible from anywhere a stranger can see it. It is a welcoming and proud thing, though I would be careful. The place I had before this one I had a street sign, advertising the bed and breakfast. This time I will not do that, and will be as discreet as possible. There was a run of break ins (25 accommodations before they tried my place and they didn't do any more after that, for various reasons) as accommodation has people coming and going, strange cars, etc etc. Some places got done more than once, as you don't have time waiting for insurance to replace that tv or whatever is advertised. So hosts were going out to replace goods before the next check in, and got done again. This is one of the reasons I do not advertise to any visible level anymore, but many do without any issues. Just saying!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Deborah159,

I'm just mentioning you back into this thread, to make sure you have seen this discussion developing here. Generally, I think everyone is intrigued to hear more about this. I wonder have you created your own personal Bélo symbol yet, via your Airbnb profile? It's a little bit of fun. Many hosts like to have the symbol around their listing. I stay in a lovely listing about a month ago and the symbol was show in a couple of places. It is really up to the host. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

There are many of us for whom the symbol will not save, @Lizzie. I've looked it up a few times and see that I am not alone. I think we don't make a big deal about it because there are other issues to highlight. But it is highly frustrating to keep creating it and then watch it spin and spin and time out and then loop from Type Your Name Here to Customize and back. Saving is impossible no matter how many times (and in what browser, and with what degree of irritation) you hit Save.

Not the worst problem to have. Just another glitch. But certainly no sort of fun.

As to the main topic here, I don't put a symbol on the house, but I do have one inside on a chalkboard. Guests sometimes write messages over it. Fair game. It's a chalkboard. 🙂welcome (Small).jpg

In my ideal world... We could create your personalized Airbnb symbol and it would actually save! and work!

Cool idea but it seams that the ABB powers just forgot about it and dissapointed everyone.

I too want a sybol on the fron door. To answer your questions:

Our place is in a 100% tourist destination. Everyone knows everything is for rent and sometimes empty so that is not the issue.

We have 5 condos in our building and it would just make it easier for guests to know which unit it is once inside the gate (which is locked at all times ) @Lizzie can you do anything about this?

Brian299
Level 1
Statesboro, GA

At our AirBnB location we have a street sign directing renters down the proper driveway that leads to our rental property. I thought it would be nice to have the logo and airbnb name in the lower corner of this sign. Just a way of indentifiing to renters/others the service we use to promote our rental property. Our property is under video surveillance so not worried about strangers.

We also have a business sign outside our beach cabin business.  I have been looking for some time now on how to add the airbnb symbol to our business signs thru vista print.  It has been next to impossible. I am very happy to advertise that we are an airbnb property.

Carolyn122
Level 3
Albuquerque, NM

I get wanting to do this. Outside of airbnb we make these upcycled refrigeration tank lights. So naturally we wanted to make one with the airlogo. It is not seen directly from the street only when you reach the top of the stairs. We thought it might seem welcoming. 

Ken151
Level 2
Tompkinsville, KY

I have a 6" X 6" logo I made on my printer located on my back door, I had one guest that had kinda a hardtime finding my location, and also just had a bad day... When she walked up seen the logo on the door, she said she was so relieved seeing this, She acted as though it was a life saver. I now always have this on my door in plain view.