airbnb will not accept our payment?

Answered!
Trish6
Level 3
Victoria, Canada

airbnb will not accept our payment?

Hi, can someone advise -

We have been trying to complete a reservation for a stay at an airbnb place.  The host is accepting it. 

Our Mastercard has lots of room.  The rep at the CC company confirms it is good to go, but airbnb is blocking the payment. 

I sent a request for help to the help centre and they do not know why and only suggested that we use Paypal.  We have paypal and have it ready to go but it does not come up as an option to pay.  We are in Canada.

How the heck do we pay?

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

For any issues with your reservation related to payments, we recommend contacting our support team for further assistance. See our Get Help or Contact Airbnb article.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

138 Replies 138
Viktoria63
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

I have the same problem! Airbnb doesn't accept my 2nd payment for the property rental (1st payment went successfully). Now I'm dealing with the problem for the 3rd day and no solution is offered. I tried different cards (mine & even my boyfriend’s). I contacted the bank, but it’s all okay with my bank and account. Very long answers from the costumer support - because of that I have missed the moment to cancel the booking to get the hole refund back. After the 2nd call and explaining the situation again, the support again tried to fix the issue, but there's no solution again and at the end they finally were okay to refund the full payment if the property owner is okay with that as well. She luckily was okay with this. 

If you're going to have the same issue, it's better to do the cancellation straight away, as I and people who were writing here previously didn't get any solutions for the problem. Better to save your nerves and book through the other channels, where I haven't had any problems never. 

Never ever again I will book through Airbnb!

Lyle8
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Go on the website from a pc and use the Google Pay option. 

This will require you to link your credit card to your Google account, but it works if you really want to use Airbnb.  

Beth413
Level 1
Meridian, MS

AirBUB needs to run my credit card again please

If you have an AD blocker extension on Google Chrome, pause or deactivate on the site. Solved my problem instantly. I hope it helps! 🙂

I am a first time user of AirBNB and I have faced the same problem too. I have contacted Airbnb via email (response@airbnb.com) for help. They suggested I use another credit card for payment but after trying 5 different credit cards, that way just did not work at all.

A while later, I received an email from The Airbnb Team requesting me to  Confirm Email. After I  confirmed my email, I managed to make payment with my credit card and that credit card was automatically added into as my Payment Method in my Account.

I think the way to resolve this issue is that you have to write to Airbnb to request them to send you an email to confirm your email address.

I hope the above helps.

Cecilia556
Level 2
Ensenada, Mexico

Same frustrating problem here when trying to book a Canadian stay. I called my bank several times and they always said it was not their problem. I contacted airbnb tech support but they said the same thing. I replaced my plastic for a new one but the problem persisted. I tried with a different card from another bank but nothing. I tried paying through PayPal but I keep getting the same message "Failed to process payment collection."

I saw some of the comments here and then tried this:

-Change my profile name to match the name on my credit card. Nothing.

-Log out, then log in. Nothing.

-Try to pay using the App. Nothin.

-Deactivate the account and create a new one. Nothing.

-Change my prefered currency to that of the stay I want to book (Canadian dollars). I start getting a different error message with two cards from different banks and with PayPal: "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

I already missed 3 reservations and airbnb seems to be completely LOST on this subject. 

Danlan0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Solved the problem by transfering money to my PayPal account and using the balance for the payment!

Annette397
Level 1
New York, NY

I tried with three different cards to no avail talked to my bank, talked numerous times with airbnb, they suggested a different solution that did not work every time I called.  At one point I was on the line with them for over an hour.  When I finally was ready to give up I decided to try using my debit card and that worked.

Christiawan0
Level 2
Taipei City, Taiwan

YOU ONLY NEED TO BOOK THROUGH MOBILE APPS AND IT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM. (at least works for me)

Stephanie1491
Level 1
New Zealand

Just would like to put my experience in. Tried for over 3 hours to book. Tried a Canadian Visa, a NZ Debit Mastercard, and Paypal. Kept getting errors for all 3.

Mastercard did a manual override to approve (showed up as Fraud eventually because I was trying to put it through so many times), Airbnb kept showing that they were putting through the amount in smaller instalments, but what they were actually trying to put through to Mastercard was the full amount (that I didn't have in my account, but according to Mastercard the error wasn't showing insufficient funds, it was showing an error with the 3D secure process Airbnb was using). So that is at least one internal Airbnb error with showing the customer that they're going to pay an instalment today, when actually they try to authorize the full amount. 

Trying to use Paypal kept giving me the error message that that method of payment wasn't an option and I'd have to use a credit or debit card

On the second attempt calling my Visa they confirmed again that there was no issue on their end, and this time the guy noted that he'd been receiving lots of phone calls about people trying to book on Airbnb. So additional evidence that Airbnb is full of **bleep** when they say it's not a problem on their end. 

Based on suggestions above I tried logging out and back in, didn't work. I tried using the app, including paying with Apple Pay, didn't work.

Finally what worked was changing it to pay in local currency rather than in Canadian dollars (on my Canadian Visa - which a minute before wouldn't go through). 

So if anyone else is having this issue and sees this message, try changing the currency to whatever the local currency is and that might solve the issue for you. Good luck (you'll need it, because Airbnb seem to not give a **bleep** that this is a recurrent issue) 

Oh and just to add, the amount they charged my Visa in local currency was an instalment amount, not the full amount. So yet another issue with their system. Since I have screenshots from Mastercard showing that they were actually trying to charge the full amount on that one. Completely insane. 

Nurul-Ilyani0
Level 1
Kota Samarahan, Malaysia

Hi anyone from Malaysia having the same problem here? I already used two different cards from different bank yet still unable to pay. 

Jennifer2247
Level 1
North Vancouver, Canada

Was on the phone for hours today trying to book a house near us in North Van. Airbnb was very polite but could not solve the issue. We are going to book a hotel. Very weird as we spoke to MasterCard RBC and Airbnb and had way more than enough room on the credit card to cover the bill. Frustrating that they can simply not just take the booking over the phone!

Joanne551
Level 2
Perak, Malaysia

Its now happen to me right now . I've been trying for two days and try 4 debit cards . No one of them is works.  PayPal doesn't work for me too. Any advise?
They kept showing this 

Let’s try that again
This credit card can’t be added right now. Please wait and try again later. You can also try using a previously added credit card or a different way to pay, such as PayPal.

Myself and my husband have been at this s*** all day and just like you airbnb won't except our payment