amenity

Level 2

Hi all! So we offer a pool and hot tub as one of our amenities, but this morning we discovered a leak in the pool and we are working to get a plumber and do what we need to fix it. What do we in terms of our future guests? i was thinking to message everyone in the next month to let them know but I do not know if there is something else I can do. I don't want to cancel them so it looks negatively on our superhost status. 

Thank you!

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: amenity

in
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Level 10

@Roya55 

It is an important amenity so you must inform guests that it is not available.

Some guest maybe want you to cancel the reservation and others probably will accept a reasonable discount for the missing feature.

in
Paris, France
Level 10

@Roya55,

Do contact the guest and acknowledge Airbnb Support Help Center.

I’m affairs even you don't wish to cancel the reservations, the guest may leave a negative review because of lack of accuracy, and they can't use the pool.

If I were you, I would try to request Airbnb to cancel on behalf of Airbnb Amin.

I hope you can work it out with the guest and hope the plumber fix well.

Dale and Dan

in
Marbella, Spain
Level 10

Airbnb will consider that you have to discount 50% -70% discount or allow the guest to cancel for free.
I once had guests that complained about slow internet  (not broken, just slow, their word against mine because every time I went over it worked fine) and Airbnb made me refund 300 euros on a 700 euro stay.

You can't advertise a pool property then not provide the pool, even if it's not your fault.
You have to fix it asap and in the meantime offer a large discount or the possibility of the guest to cancel.
You can contact client support and explain, they will help your guests find alternative lodging.

in
Wiarton, Canada
Level 10

@Roya55 

Most people are reasonable when not blindsided by unexpected problems.  At minimum, try having a conversation with your potentially impacted guests and let them know.  Offer something like an opportunity to rebook.  Communication with your guest, even if 1 sided, shows your dedication to their stay.